Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Please Explain

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP says "many good judges have grave concerns about the last race at Echuca on Wednesday night"
    The first start winner was backed into favouritism

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#ECC22062205

I don't like all the head turning
    Why did Olivia Weidenbach turn her head 3 times down the back straight, maybe just checking she was not going to be pocketed but it just seemed a little excessive
    and then why did Nathan Jack have such long looks behind before and after the line, maybe checking that he could cruise and hold 2nd but it was such a long look and then again after the post

We can read things into races once somebody suggests something but the favourite certainly had a dream run and was untouched
    Not part of PP's concerns but I could not help but notice how easily the fav went from 3 back the fence to the 1x2 in the home straight the first time
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Agree Kev, the sight of all the swivelling heads made me feel I'd gone back in time to Sideshow Alley at the Royal Show. Nathan Jack's prolonged turn-around stares were hardly a glance over the shoulder. Perhaps his recent success has made him forget his actions at Cobram that caused him so much grief. Nothing about this race looks pretty in my eyes. If James Herbertson won the famed magnum of Sparkling Starwine for drive of the night he might have to share it.

Interesting that the winner was first up and backed to favouritism because it didn't appear to have any trial form. Maybe the punters gave it benefit of the doubt because the rest of the field performed like scrubbers.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Albion Park Track Record

see Next post for relevance
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The last trial at Albion Park on Monday
    Jason Grimson is a miracle man
    These first 2 horses were previously trained by Brent Lilley and Emma Stewart (mugs I guess)

That is near on a full second off the Tk Rec (see above post)

Link for viewing

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#APA27062209
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 06-29-2022 at 01:56 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP also points out that Grimson's Interdom winner of last year is back in the Duffy stable and trialing nothing like the above 2
    Leaders back in this Shep trial last week and could not hold second

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/tr...?trialId=20789

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJ0pkg4E6g
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I Cast No Shadow has nearly gone that fast before - at Menangle mind you
    But Ideal Dan has taken a couple of seconds off his best time
    And Matty Craven's Bettor Isolate has take off even more!
    While the other two have gone faster than they have ever gone before
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I even got the stopwatch out and the time is correct
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I am turning into Jack Little because "words fail me". If I start following professional wrestling I will have become Jack Little. Harness racing is becoming as predictable as professional wrestling at times. Witness some of the examples Kev has posted. There are very few clean-cut Larry O'Dea types left in the trot game these days but the Killer Kowalski / Skull Murphy types seem to flourish. Always something illegal concealed in their tights!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Diabolical
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Oh no, the claw hold!

+ Reply to Thread