Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoken Up and Im Themightyquinn accept Miracle Mile invitations

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Came here to post that.

Top marks by NSWHRC to come out and say that.

Makes some posters in here look silly.

Member Gelding Just Saying will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    So when the NSWHRC agree with you they are right and when they disagree with you they are wrong? They wanted the best horses to compete in more than just the miracle mile. They achieved that goal.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    NSWHRC are putting up $500,000. They could simply invite 8 pacers to turn up on the Saturday and have a one-off event (as they have in the past) or they can try and build a carnival around the race and encourage the good class horses to race in NSW in the weeks leading up to the race (ie. promote harness racing in NSW)
    As a result Sydney fans have had a chance to see Mister Feelgood, Washakie, Lisagain, Raglan, Karloo Mick, Be Good Johnny and now Terror to Love all racing to earn a spot in the MM. NSWHRC were probably unlucky that Auckland Reactor ran into problems otherwise I expect he would have also been here.
    It was a very impressive win by TTL but there is no way that he would be seeded more highly at this stage of his career then Smoken Up or ITMQ. The directors made the right call and, despite the whingeing, they got the right outcome with TTL lining up in the Cordina Sprint on Friday night.
    I strongly support the NSWHRC move. Basically, if you want a shot at our money then come and help promote the sport in NSW. If not, stay at home like Bitobliss and Melpark Major have.
    I hope they do the same again next year when the prizemoney is set to go at $750,000. The only change I would make is that the field should be made up totally of horses that competed in the designated NSW lead up races.

Member Gelding Just Saying will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    Excellent post Trevor!

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Trevor
    (ie. Promote Harness Racing in n.s.w ) if this is the case and they want to promote it all good and well so why did they change the Inter format and let other states run heats if they are trying to promote Harness Racing in n.s.w.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Trevor
    (ie. Promote Harness Racing in n.s.w ) if this is the case and they want to promote it all good and well so why did they change the Inter format and let other states run heats if they are trying to promote Harness Racing in n.s.w.
    I don't know. I think the same logic should apply to the ID.

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    NSWHRC are putting up $500,000. They could simply invite 8 pacers to turn up on the Saturday and have a one-off event (as they have in the past) or they can try and build a carnival around the race and encourage the good class horses to race in NSW in the weeks leading up to the race (ie. promote harness racing in NSW)
    As a result Sydney fans have had a chance to see Mister Feelgood, Washakie, Lisagain, Raglan, Karloo Mick, Be Good Johnny and now Terror to Love all racing to earn a spot in the MM. NSWHRC were probably unlucky that Auckland Reactor ran into problems otherwise I expect he would have also been here.
    It was a very impressive win by TTL but there is no way that he would be seeded more highly at this stage of his career then Smoken Up or ITMQ. The directors made the right call and, despite the whingeing, they got the right outcome with TTL lining up in the Cordina Sprint on Friday night.
    I strongly support the NSWHRC move. Basically, if you want a shot at our money then come and help promote the sport in NSW. If not, stay at home like Bitobliss and Melpark Major have.
    I hope they do the same again next year when the prizemoney is set to go at $750,000. The only change I would make is that the field should be made up totally of horses that competed in the designated NSW lead up races.
    I agree totally.

One thing I would like though. There is a notion that horses competing in the Cordina Sprint (i.e one week before the MM) don't have enough time to fully recover from a hard run and if they make the final field there is nothing left in the tank. Why not bring the whole thing forward one week and program a FFA (or 2) on what is now the Cordina sprint night. That way all the qualified horses can either rest or compete in the FFA. Either way there should be no complaints.
    Last edited by bbd; 11-16-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post

[VVV] CAN I GET A WITNESS. TESTIFY BROTHER TREVOR! AMEN.
    I also strongly support the way the NSWHRC have handled this. Expanding the impact of the Mircale Mile by way of genuine emphasis being placed on the lead up/associated events means that the Industry, the betting public & the fans can see these top shelf horses compete more than just once can only be a good thing surely. I also agree about the make-up of next year's MM field. If you don't show up and compete in the lead up/associated events then you don't get a start in the big one, simple as that. No discussion, no correspondence entered into.
    Btw, I'm thrilled to hear ITMQ is on his way. I expect that he'll really shake things up.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Saying View Post
    Does he have any open age form in fast run races?
    [VVV] I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I don't know Scott and I probably should.
    Even if he doesn't have any form in mile scampers your eyes would tell you, certainly my eyes tell me, that based on the way he finished off the NZ Cup, he is going to be in there swinging them & swinging them hard at the end of a fast mile. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he can go to the top & cut the mile ala Smoken Up's 1:48 & a piece but I certainly do think he can close hard off just about any front end pace save that of a Jet Engine. Interestingly, if TTL and ITMQ go through to the MM & there's a hot pace off the front and they happen to position up anywhere within striking distance turning for home, man oh man that's going to be a stretch drive for the ages. Gentlemen in the Southern Hemisphere shall think themselves accurs'd they were not there and hold their manhoods cheap.
    Last edited by triplev123; 11-16-2011 at 06:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread