Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Smoken Up and Im Themightyquinn accept Miracle Mile invitations

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] I think you're onto something Breno. Which Mile races in Tassie & SA would you nominate?
    Not sure if they have any decent races around that October-Nov period but something could be worked out surely even if NSWHRC had to put up a bit of prizemoney to help them out.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;14988]If you are judging TTL by the Miracle Mile run then shame on you.
    Flawed/wrong whatever it needed changes. Those flaws would have seen TTL in the field straight away.
    I'm not begrudging Smoken Ups or ITMQ invitation....
    Fantasy world...never heard of such a world. Do you live there or what? You seem to know a bit about it.[/QUOTE

If you are judging TTL by the Miracle Mile run then shame on you.

SORRY I thought we were talking about the MIRACLE MILE all this time silly me.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    G'day Leigh,

For mine, TTL didn't deserve a start based solely on his NZ Cup win however, once he was in, I expected a whole lot more of him than he ultimately delivered. Unless macular degeneration or glaucoma are slowly but surely claiming my eyesight, I believe he is a lot better horse than his MM effort suggested.

On the subject of disappointing efforts...and it's getting off the track a bit but nobody has hit on this bloke thus far...
    Race 6, MM night, and Franco Emirate had a wrap on him the size of a block of flats but failed to deliver. Then he went around in the Cranbourne Cup and duly platzed and he did it again in the Victoria Cup. Big, strong looking bugger, seems to get over the ground so well too. What's the deal there I wonder? Not well whilst in Oz? Not as good as he was made out to be? Kiwis...Don C? Any thoughts?
    Wow VVV. You really hate the Kiwi's don't you?

aussiebreno
    [QUOTE=A BIT DUSTY;14992]
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Flawed/wrong whatever it needed changes. Those flaws would have seen TTL in the field straight away.
    I'm not begrudging Smoken Ups or ITMQ invitation....
    Fantasy world...never heard of such a world. Do you live there or what? You seem to know a bit about it.[/QUOTE

SORRY I thought we were talking about the MIRACLE MILE all this time silly me.
    So miracle mile invites are given out AFTER the miracle mile :O
    TTL clearly wasn't at his best in the Miracle Mile. You've already acknowledged this.
    Me thinks you just like arguing against me just for the sake of it.

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    [QUOTE=aussiebreno;14994]
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post

So miracle mile invites are given out AFTER the miracle mile :O
    TTL clearly wasn't at his best in the Miracle Mile. You've already acknowledged this.
    Me thinks you just like arguing against me just for the sake of it.

Did I detect a quiver of the bottom lip in that last sentence LOL

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    [VVV] I think you're onto something Breno. Which Mile races in Tassie & SA would you nominate?
    You guys cant be serious!
    A Mile race in SA or Tassie, and while i'm at it WA to be a qualifier, giving the winner a 100% start in the MM?????????????
    Crikey theyll go at least 1:58.3 in SA and Tassie!!! Come on guys the best hometown horses in those states dont rank in the top 20 in Vic and u wanna give that horse a guaranteed run? (assuming of course an interstater doesnt go over and take the cash, as if they wouldnt)
    Take out ITMQ and David Hercules from Perth and what horse would have the balls to travel East, imo, none.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    You guys cant be serious!
    A Mile race in SA or Tassie, and while i'm at it WA to be a qualifier, giving the winner a 100% start in the MM?????????????
    Crikey theyll go at least 1:58.3 in SA and Tassie!!! Come on guys the best hometown horses in those states dont rank in the top 20 in Vic and u wanna give that horse a guaranteed run? (assuming of course an interstater doesnt go over and take the cash, as if they wouldnt)
    Take out ITMQ and David Hercules from Perth and what horse would have the balls to travel East, imo, none.
    You can't just say one state has better horses when they don't race against each other.
    I think even Denny likes this idea because he didn't argue with me about it.

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    You can't just say one state has better horses when they don't race against each other.
    I think even Denny likes this idea because he didn't argue with me about it.
    It was only because I thought you were being funny , I didn't think even you could be serious about having heats in SA and Tassie. You just keep on surprising me Brendan.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    It was only because I thought you were being funny , I didn't think even you could be serious about having heats in SA and Tassie. You just keep on surprising me Brendan.
    Bugger. You got me!

I never was good at fishing.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    G'day Leigh,

For mine, TTL didn't deserve a start based solely on his NZ Cup win however, once he was in, I expected a whole lot more of him than he ultimately delivered. Unless macular degeneration or glaucoma are slowly but surely claiming my eyesight, I believe he is a lot better horse than his MM effort suggested.

On the subject of disappointing efforts...and it's getting off the track a bit but nobody has hit on this bloke thus far...
    Race 6, MM night, and Franco Emirate had a wrap on him the size of a block of flats but failed to deliver. Then he went around in the Cranbourne Cup and duly platzed and he did it again in the Victoria Cup. Big, strong looking bugger, seems to get over the ground so well too. What's the deal there I wonder? Not well whilst in Oz? Not as good as he was made out to be? Kiwis...Don C? Any thoughts?
    The big wrap for Franco Emirate was generated almost solely by an Oz media guy..I think his name was Hamilton. His info was gotten by a Kiwi called Guerin. Now some people will tell you these guys know their business but they are really just into headline grabbing.

Franco mirate went to Oz after a career of just 22 starts. He won 14 with 5 minor placings. Most of his racing has been in age group racing. He went to Oz as "a big boofhead" on an education sojourn. He was hardly a goer against his Oz opposition.
    He learnt heaps and you can seriously watch for him next time.

+ Reply to Thread