+ Reply to Thread

Thread: impressive credentials...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac

impressive credentials...

The following is a list of very impressive performers and young up and coming horses:

Terror To Love, Lizzie Maguire, Major Mark, Devil Dodger, Gotta Go Cullect, Gotta Go Harmony, Charlie Macsheen, R Eleven, Mustang Mach, Slick Bromac, Smudge Bromac, Chancellor Cullen

and they all have one thing in common.....

Live or Die as a broodmare sire.

triplev123
    G'day Harvey,

I think Broodmare Sires are largely a self perpetuating myth in the sense that the leading sires of today will invariably become the leading broodmare sires of tomorrow and for the most part I think this comes about as a result of sheer weight of numbers.
    It's pretty rare that a small numbers sire emerges from the pack to be prominent on the Broodmare Sires lists...& slightly less rare that an also ran sire does so...though it is true that a few big name racehorse subsequent siring disappointments have certainly done so but IMO that's solely off the back of the quality & number of mares that were initially bred to them. Die Laughing's a good case on point as is Nihilator, Beach Towel & Jennas Beach Boy & so on.
    Back to the siring successes, I'm sure that it would come as no great surprise to anyone if the leading Broodmare Sires in this part of the world in a decade or so turned out to be a list made up of Bettor's Delight, Art Major, Christian Cullen, Mach Three, Life Sign, Blissfull Hall, Village Jasper etc., no doubt there are quite a few others you could add.

On a kind of related note, take a spin through the number of very,very good and at times great Standardbred sires that have had pretty offbeat/quite often ordinarily performed in the breeding barn/otherwise unsuccessful sires as their damsire.
    The list of successful sires who have, as their damsire, a horse that was unable to extend his own sireline is quite extensive. I'd love to know the answer as to why that is so.

+ Reply to Thread