Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Texican- watch the drive Dexter gives him + Ideal Scott

triplev123

Texican- watch the drive Dexter gives him + Ideal Scott

G'day all,

Am a bit slow in posting this however...
    for those who haven't seen it, watch the replay of the NRM 3yo colts & geldings Sires Stakes Final at Addington last Tuesday & closely follow the drive Dexter Dunn gives Cran Dalgety's colt Texican. Absolutely beautiful stuff. IMO it's one of the best I've seen in a very long time.
    Also watch for John Devlin's colt Ideal Scott charging home from damned near last to finish a half length behind Texican. Two outstanding horses there.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Great Drive by Dexter alright. I think most horses in that field, particularly the first four, we will see a lot more of in the years to come.

Junior Member Yearling kilcoyne will become famous soon enough kilcoyne's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Cahill
    Occupation
    stablehand/
    Horses
    Diamond Supreme(Art Official x Covered S
    Compare that to his drive on Alchemist at Ashburton 2 days later. Not the best but the filly still came back and won.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hi Kilcoyne,
    I sense your not a fan of Dexter ?

Junior Member Yearling kilcoyne will become famous soon enough kilcoyne's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter Cahill
    Occupation
    stablehand/
    Horses
    On the contrary Don, Dex has driven most of the horses from the stable including his first win back from the US on Real Kamwood. Just think that his drive on Alchemist was not his best and he could have lost the race had the filly not been too good for them.

triplev123
    They all toss in a not so flash one now and again Peter. I'd forgive him that. Dexter on a bad day is still going to better than most on the very best day of their lives. I've seen some great drives over the years and that NRM Sires Final effort with Texican is up there in my Top 5. I really feel for John Devlin and Co. It took no less than an absolute blinder by a great driver aboard a very talented horse in Texican for Ideal Scott to finish in 2nd place.

Banned Weanling Arnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Arnold Schwarz
    Quote Originally Posted by kilcoyne View Post
    On the contrary Don, Dex has driven most of the horses from the stable including his first win back from the US on Real Kamwood. Just think that his drive on Alchemist was not his best and he could have lost the race had the filly not been too good for them.
    When he pushed out in the straight and the horse outside of him galloped, I thought he may have been relegated. Glad he didn't. I had a goood go on him that day.

Real Name
    Peter Cahill
    Occupation
    stablehand/
    Horses
    Glad you did Arnie. Just watch out for her in the Fillies race on New Years Eve. I think we have got the others covered this time round. Should be a great race

+ Reply to Thread