+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HRNSW - Appointment of Board Members

Junior Member Yearling coldshot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Taylor
    Occupation
    Teacher/Admin
    VVV - independent is bureaucratic shorthand for 'we take no responsibility whatsoever if they stuff things up'. Perhaps we will be less cynical if/when they announce the composition of the selection panel. At the end of the day I hope a good Board arises and is given the opportunity to do good things. If any ex GHRRA, HRA Board Members are recycled I will fully subscribe to the VVV Conspiracy Theory newsletter.

triplev123
    G'day Rebecca,

It's not a conspiracy theory...rather it's an expectation that history will repeat itself but this time on the other side of the House & with the obligatory ample urging from empire builders within the Gaming and Racing Department.
    To paraphrase Sir Humphrey Appleby from Yes, Minsiter...
    "Conjurers offer their audience any card in the pack and always get them to take the one they want. This is the way the Public Service get their Ministers to make decisions".
    As I said before, I fear we may be lumped with a host of non-racing background political appointments who'll do little or nothing to further the interests of the NSW Harness Racing Industry.
    By & large I believe the current Board has done a very good job and it's precisely because each member is, in one way or another, directly involved in & so fully understand the sport which they currently oversee. This to me is an inescapable & irrefutable fact.
    Can we expect to get a Board of similar quality, knowledge & focus the next time around? That is the question.
    OLGR has an opportunity here to prove me wrong of course.
    By way of whomever is selected from the nominations receieved quite clearly they have an upcoming opportunity to not only transcend...but far more importantly be seen by one and all to have transcended...the usual party political bullshit that NSW has periodically suffered under the weight of pretty much since as far back as I can remember. They have an opportunity to appoint a new Board which will pick up the torch of the current one and carry it forward. Nothing is left to us now but to watch and to wait. Forgive me if I do not hold my breath.
    Last edited by triplev123; 11-18-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: conjurers not magicians

+ Reply to Thread