Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mildura

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is good money again for the locals today
    R8 is worth $12k for NR 60 to 73
    You don't see daytime races for more than $10k so I am guessing the club must be going so well that they are putting in the extra. Presumably so for when they run $20k night races too as you don't see it at other tracks other than when they are Metro races
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There are a few claimers going around tomorrow night which you could buy cheaply, take to Mildura and maybe win $200k

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#MXM15052106
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You might notice the Madness has gone from the thread title - only fair when you a club is going gangbusters
    Interesting to see Adam Hamilton use Mildura as an example as to why we don't need sprint lanes

An alternative reason for the club going gangbusters which was suggested to me is
    Participants have come back in droves since the cheats that were fixing the races up there were disqualified - something you should probably consider Adam
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#MLC28052101

Another $20k benefit for Bernie Winkle

Is Mildura club contributing $10k of this? I only remember $4,500 $7,000 and $10,000 as being HRV's non-Metro race prizemoney options
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Race 5 tonight, I thought I was onto a good thing
    The fields had Mondooley Mach and Junior Feelgood both at $4
    Looking at the trainers we find that Kate Hargreaves has an unbelievable strike rate of 41%
    and Julie Douglas has an incredible 37%
    Now if I back them both I have a 78% chance of winning and will double my money which ever wins

Alas too good to be true - the TAB has Mondooley at $2.20
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Julie Douglas contested 6 races at Mildura tonight for 5 wins and a third - reminds one of Cramp days
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How times change OR Trainers don't need to travel nowadays

Browsing the 1971 Year Book (I do strange things like this sometimes) and I see a Mildura meet on Friday Apr 30 where they had a 2.19 class race for the equivalent of metro money ($1,100 for 1st) and they attract Reichman
    Nowadays they only get Bernie Winkle

https://classicfamilies.azurewebsite...rseID=10016567
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    How times change OR Trainers don't need to travel nowadays

Browsing the 1971 Year Book (I do strange things like this sometimes) and I see a Mildura meet on Friday Apr 30 where they had a 2.19 class race for the equivalent of metro money ($1,100 for 1st) and they attract Reichman
    Nowadays they only get Bernie Winkle

https://classicfamilies.azurewebsite...rseID=10016567
    Greenwald, My Gal Sal, Adios Court and Deep Court were also regular competitors in FFA's at Mildura back then. Old Bernie would be getting a bit of a lesson if he had to race against those old timers.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You must be reading over my shoulder Trev, in the race I mentioned, Greenwald ran 2nd and Lord Setay another goodie ran 3rd
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Greenwald, My Gal Sal, Adios Court and Deep Court were also regular competitors in FFA's at Mildura back then. Old Bernie would be getting a bit of a lesson if he had to race against those old timers.
    All were top notch pacers. You get an idea of the quality of those mentioned with Deep Court finishing second in Mount Eden's Miracle Mile. No disgrace being beaten by a freak.

+ Reply to Thread