Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HRNSW Investigation Update

Junior Member Weanling jimmy777 will become famous soon enough jimmy777's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim Boyd

HRNSW Investigation Update

The Board of HRNSW has resolved to amend the structure of the Special Stewards Panel conducting the investigation and inquiries into alleged corruption as follows:
    Head of Investigation:
    Mr Reid Sanders – HRNSW Regulatory Manager
    Stewards Panel:
    Mr Ray Murrihy – Racing NSW Chairman of Stewards
    Mr Des Gleeson – Former Racing Victoria Chairman of Stewards
    Mr Justice Wayne Haylen
    Interviews pertaining to the investigation have now commenced with Mr John Zucal assisting Mr Sanders.
    Mr Zucal is a former Chairman of Stewards with RWAA who has extensive experience with integrity and investigations.
    Further to a previous HRSNW Board resolution, the power to act as a Steward under the Australian Harness Racing Rules have also been extended to Mr Murrihy and Mr Zucal.

????????

Junior Member Yearling coldshot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Taylor
    Occupation
    Teacher/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy777 View Post
    Mr Zucal is a former Chairman of Stewards with RWAA who has extensive experience with integrity and investigations.
    Further to a previous HRSNW Board resolution, the power to act as a Steward under the Australian Harness Racing Rules have also been extended to Mr Murrihy and Mr Zucal.
    With respect to all concerned, this makes us look rather silly. Quotes from as per Chris Roots' SMH article:

'Harness Racing NSW also announced yesterday that John Zucal, who recently resigned as Racing and Wagering Western Australia's chief steward, would assist Sanders. Campbell was unaware Zucal had resigned from his position as chief steward last month after crashing a company car and failing to report it to Racing and Wagering Western Australia or the police for two weeks.

Zucal's appointment is on the agenda of today's specially convened Harness Racing NSW board meeting but Campbell said it was likely to stand.
    After being informed of the nature of Zucal's resignation, Campbell later told the Herald: ''Preliminary discussions I have had with my colleagues in Western Australia and my people here are that it should not affect the appointment. Mr Zucal's ability as a steward was never questioned.'' '

Mr Murrihy's involvement is reassuring and I thought his comments about how he got his start in harness racing and believes his assistance is a way of giving something back to the sport are great.

+ Reply to Thread