Race 1 (5) Mach Wiper

Race 2 (1) Jaydens Castle

Race 3 (1) Eilis Rose

Race 4 (9) Winsome Roy

Race 5 (3) Seshny Bromac

Race 6 (5) Mega Alexander

Race 7 (1) Warrior Stride

Race 8 (4) Scandalman

Race 9 ???? No idea. (7) King Of Strathfield for a shot in the dark.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Here is my selections

Race 1 (5) Mach Wiper
    Race 2 (9) Hostile Grins
    Race 3 (4) Our Torias Secret
    Race 4 Abstained
    Race 5 (4) Numberone Amenophis
    Race 6 (12) Lisagain
    Race 7 (8) Essene
    Race 8 (4) Scandalman
    Race 9 (8) Im Dejazzman

aussiebreno
    Needing to catch up some 40units in a tipping comp I have played it a little braver tonight and gone for an upset or two.

Rc1. Shanthailiatrailblazer. Could have been an elite horse if not for injuries. Mach Wiper will start fave imo. Saucy Legend another real danger but good field all round.
    Rc2. Cannot go past Jaydens Castle. Was tempted to tip Eden Burst but Jaydens Castle should win this.
    Rc3. Our Torias Quest. I am amazed at its times around Penrith.
    Rc4. Whos Escaped. Again I reference the times at Penrith.
    Rc5. Gone with Hurricane Dilinger but Numberone Amenophi is the one he has to beat.

Rc6. At Newcaslte Mr Anthony ran you could say to his peak and got beaten 5m. Last week he got a bad drive but even if he ran to his peak Lisagain would have beat him home by a length or two anyway imo. Lisagain had a much harder run than Mr Feelgood and at least level if not harder than Karloo Mick than at Newcaslte compared to Menangle last week. Therefore I believe Lisagain is the best horse in the field. But he is going to have to do it the hard way again. Karloo Mick will have an easier run this compared to Newcastle; Mr Feelgood won't imo. He did lead from out wide but that shouldnt be an excuse. Even though I should know, I don't know, if Karloo Mick will get too far back. Hopefully he is death seating again. If he gets too far back Lisagain will beat him home. Those three; Mick, Mr Feelgood and Lisagain have imo more than proved they can beat the rest of them home (bar Terror to Love). Before the Newcaslte Mile I would have went Mr Feelgood but after that I now I have to go Karloo Mick. I have no idea what Terror To Love brings to the table and therefore I can't include him in my form process so if he wins he wins but I am going with Karloo Mick.

Rc7. Mabrook. I liked him as a 3yo and he won by 12m first up. Didnt even bother to read the rest of the horses form.
    Rc8. I'll go with something different and say...no I wont. This is a charity for Scandalman
    Rc9. My High Expectations. Steps well usually and thought he would actually get a handicap in this. From the front I can't see him being beaten. Poor fellows a rig so I also feel sorry for him.

I wish VVV luck in Rc2 and I wish Don luck in Rc3. Otherwise I hope your picks all lose.

triplev123
    Cheers Breno,

I always follow Jaydens Castle now, whenever he races I try to watch it if I can...and it's because of a phone call from a while back now to Mick Boots, the father of Jayden, whom the horse is named after. Without going into too much detail, the story of how they 1st got Cheftaine, the dam of Jayden's Castle, of how the foal came about then how the horse's name came about & their son Jayden's specific connection to and the buzz he gets from Harness Racing, well...it's worth the re-telling.
    Maybe it has already been written up somewhere else and I've missed it... but if it hasn't then maybe one of the Harness Scribes here in NSW should do themselves a favour and try to get his number & call Mick. Good bloke. Solid as. Great story.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Race 1 Mach Wiper
    Race 2 Liston
    Race 3 Girls Rule
    Race 4 Chardannae
    Race 5 Numberone Amenophis
    Race 6 Terror To Love/Lisagain Hard one couldn't split these 2.
    Race 7 Cold Native
    Race 8 Scandalman
    Race 9 Wild Isis

triplev123
    GIVE 'EM STRENGTH! Good luck Troops.

triplev123
    THAT'S why Luke's such a great driver, lead up, give & re-take & kept the hammer down, bottomed them all out with a 55 middle half, everthing off the bit & chasing. No legs left, no swoopers. Pretty to watch.
    Btw, for those old enough to remember her...Mach Wiper's great grand dam is the classy racemare of the mid to late 1980's, Hyperstat. Andrew Peace drove her if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by triplev123; 11-19-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    You're right triple - if you have the horse USE IT. Hell I wish a few NZ drivers would do what Luke did in the first. Oppostion were all cleaned up with 2 furlongs to go.

aussiebreno
    I'll third that; an awesome drive.

triplev123
    Race 2. Well, if I had to get totally blown out of one it was good that it was Mark Rolfe. Nice bloke. Big close from Liston there. 1:54 & a piece. That would be one of the horse's fastest miles, I think his pb. is 1:53 & a piece. Liston is from the maternal family of ID Heat winner & Final placegtetter Locarno, the hugely talented but injury prone Red Sea & more recently Kiwi mare Dudinka's Star.

+ Reply to Thread