Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Saturday night Menangle Selections- Open At Own Risk

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Needing to catch up some 40units in a tipping comp I have played it a little braver tonight and gone for an upset or two.

Rc1. Shanthailiatrailblazer. Could have been an elite horse if not for injuries. Mach Wiper will start fave imo. Saucy Legend another real danger but good field all round.
    Rc2. Cannot go past Jaydens Castle. Was tempted to tip Eden Burst but Jaydens Castle should win this.
    Rc3. Our Torias Quest. I am amazed at its times around Penrith.
    Rc4. Whos Escaped. Again I reference the times at Penrith.
    Rc5. Gone with Hurricane Dilinger but Numberone Amenophi is the one he has to beat.

Rc6. At Newcaslte Mr Anthony ran you could say to his peak and got beaten 5m. Last week he got a bad drive but even if he ran to his peak Lisagain would have beat him home by a length or two anyway imo. Lisagain had a much harder run than Mr Feelgood and at least level if not harder than Karloo Mick than at Newcaslte compared to Menangle last week. Therefore I believe Lisagain is the best horse in the field. But he is going to have to do it the hard way again. Karloo Mick will have an easier run this compared to Newcastle; Mr Feelgood won't imo. He did lead from out wide but that shouldnt be an excuse. Even though I should know, I don't know, if Karloo Mick will get too far back. Hopefully he is death seating again. If he gets too far back Lisagain will beat him home. Those three; Mick, Mr Feelgood and Lisagain have imo more than proved they can beat the rest of them home (bar Terror to Love). Before the Newcaslte Mile I would have went Mr Feelgood but after that I now I have to go Karloo Mick. I have no idea what Terror To Love brings to the table and therefore I can't include him in my form process so if he wins he wins but I am going with Karloo Mick.

Rc7. Mabrook. I liked him as a 3yo and he won by 12m first up. Didnt even bother to read the rest of the horses form.
    Rc8. I'll go with something different and say...no I wont. This is a charity for Scandalman
    Rc9. My High Expectations. Steps well usually and thought he would actually get a handicap in this. From the front I can't see him being beaten. Poor fellows a rig so I also feel sorry for him.

I wish VVV luck in Rc2 and I wish Don luck in Rc3. Otherwise I hope your picks all lose.
    Those Penrith times for Our Torias Secret sure stacked up...and have even made me get her name right!

Just on Mabrook, when I'm on him he gets beat, when I'm not on him he goes. I split with $18 for 50% of the big6 tonight and got 5winners, had Mabrook one out and he goes down...
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 01-22-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Good Stuff breno - I thought Toria was the bet of the night and piled on to her. Might go to the yearling sales now!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I see we are going head to head this week. I hope we run 1-2, although I know which one I would like to finish first!!

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Good stuff - you can't fault your form Harvey - race you to the first turn Harvey and a chocolate bar to the winner! Good luck mate - yes hope it's quinella.

Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I see we are going head to head this week. I hope we run 1-2, although I know which one I would like to finish first!!
    Congrats Harvey, yes we got the quinella!!! Also on your run over in the States. Well done.

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Thanks Ray. Quinella was great! I think the form from our race will hold up very well in the coming weeks.

Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Congrats Harvey! Nice win in the Ranji Bill. Great stuff.

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Congrats Harvey! Nice win in the Ranji Bill. Great stuff.
    Thanks Ray. She went super. We are so excited to have a horse in the Ladyship. it is going to be one amazing race.

This is a possible field:

Our Torias Secret
    Our Sixpence
    Broadways Best
    Make Mine Cullen
    Carabella
    Bettor Cover Lover

Plus 4 others to come from Pacific Playgirl, Glenferrie Alexis, De Lovely(maybe), Forever Gold, Torque in Motion, Rainbow Dasher, Courageous Annie, Lady Euthenia, Lilac Stride, Flying Pocketlands(plus other Im sure ive missed out and apologies if i have)

+ Reply to Thread