Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Captain Courage at Globe Derby

Banned Weanling PD13 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Alex Taylor

Captain Courage at Globe Derby

Race 3 at Globe Derby, the winner runs over the last 4 pegs. Horses legs actually running on the pegs. What is the rule? Why have it if they're not going to enforce it?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    The stewards gave a warning to the driver after the race about contacting the pegs. No idea what the "official" rule is , but looks like a warning by stewards , in the first instance , is the Globe Derby procedure.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Rule 163 (2) If a driver's horse or sulky shifts inside the line of marker posts the driver shall restrain the horse and, without interference to another runner, regain position in the true running line at the first opportunity.

I believe the only time stewards will come down hard on this, as in disqualify a horse, is when it is deemed to have gained an unfair advantage by running inside the markers. I think it was Scruffy Murphy (driven by Morgan Woodley) that was disqualified a few years ago in the APC at Gloucester Park for running inside the pegs on the home turn. I remember it well because I he finished third and the DQ meant I lost my trifecta.

Banned Weanling PD13 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Alex Taylor
    If by veering in over the pegs instead of steering around them and taking a bit more energy out of your horse is not gaining an advantage then I'm invisible. Watch a replay and give an opinion if you're able to. I think he should have lost the race. Just my opinion.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Nothing in it horse ducked in Harding was on one rein trying to get back and the horse off the pegs the one behind did the same anway.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    I don't think he gained any advantage, he was just hanging. The rule's intention, I believe, is to stop drivers taking an inside run that isn't there and gaining an unfair advantage. Harding felt him go on one rein and corrected him. A warning was enough.

+ Reply to Thread