Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Six country tracks to be re-opened in Victoria

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Six country tracks to be re-opened in Victoria

Congratulations to Victoria's state government on this decision

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...to-be-reopened

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.

Cool

+1
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Wonderful News from a state government that is supportive of the industry and is aware that ongoing revenue from the gambling on racing is akin to the goose that laid the Golden Egg.

Rationalization works on paper, less tracks so less costs but what really happens is the industry shrinks, close a track and in time there will be less horses in work in that town or region because there is no local meetings.

Sam Nati is keen to reinvent some tracks in NSW to halt the shrinkage as well, lets hope the Libs in NSW follow suite.

Great work by whoever drove this in Victoria.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    I was one of the many that argued against the Strategic Plan that shut down or reduced many country tracks to virtual non existence. As then, I still believe that you do not grow a big tree by pruning the roots! Was at Orange on Saturday, it was an enjoyable afternoon of racing. With only two odds on favourites (neither successful) and two favourites winning on the six race program, I think that astute punters would enjoy the day out. For example, I had two bets, both $10 each way on two horses that finished third in their race at 16/1 and 35/1, so it paid for the gas and entry and the steak sandwich and drink.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

+ Reply to Thread