Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile Barrier Draw

aussiebreno
    Why is IMTQ so suspect at the mile? Before the Celebrity Sprint 2 starts back he had not won at the mile in Australia (once in a NZ 3yo event) at 5 attempts. I'd have thought with his devastating sprint he'd just about be undefeated at the mile. Maybe he is a bit tougher than I am giving him credit for and isn't just a one trick pony? Any explanations?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    very hard to win from behind at GP over a mile, and in most his races he comes from the back. Its only very recently that they have been putting him in the race earlier

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    very hard to win from behind at GP over a mile, and in most his races he comes from the back. Its only very recently that they have been putting him in the race earlier
    That's what I originally thought; but then got told he'd lead a few times. Pays to check his record myself; he lead once and went too awful to be true and got vetted after the race.
    I know Gary Hall has come out and said the Miracle Mile is the most unsuited race for him on the Grand Circuit; but I think it's his best!

1. IMTQ
    2. Smoken Up
    3. McCarthy - just don't know which one!

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Spot on Mightymo.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Robert Morris now driving Karloo Mick.....Just spotted a release on Harness.org

triplev123
    Hey Fred, I'll be out there a bit earlier on Saturday afternoon. Are you allowed a few cleansing Ales before you step up to the microphone?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Now , now , Jamie , we want Fred to be alert by the time the MM starts. I don't know how a "few cleansing ales" would affect Fred , but speaking personally a "few" before the meeting starts would have me sleeping through the race !

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    Robert Morris now driving Karloo Mick.....Just spotted a release on Harness.org
    Hey Fred. Any idea why the driver change?

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Hey Fred. Any idea why the driver change?
    because Greg has been stood down pending the investigation

triplev123

Forum Frothies anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Now , now , Jamie , we want Fred to be alert by the time the MM starts. I don't know how a "few cleansing ales" would affect Fred , but speaking personally a "few" before the meeting starts would have me sleeping through the race !
    [VVV] Are you going out there on Saturday night David?
    Anyone else going?
    Maybe we should try to line up a a few Forum Frothies in the upstairs bar?

+ Reply to Thread