Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Changes at Lauriston

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Big Changes at Lauriston

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-for-Lauriston

I don't follow the American racing, little old Victoria is enough for me, so I am only guessing the money must be better over there or that success over there equates to better sale prices for progeny back here

Maybe it is just the challenge. It is a long way to go and see your horses however Anne/Bonnie's beloved broodmares will be here and that is surely her prime interest. Good luck
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Hi Kevin. The money is better in the USA but you have to win to get it ! ALL the costs are much higher too , starting with the plane fare of AUD$25K. Success with fillies and mares in the US certainly enhances their breeding prospects , again a costly exercise to bring them home with quarantine involved.
    There is high demand from the USA for Australasian race fillies and mares. Beach Music was the subject of a significant offer after the NSWOaks , we declined and decided to send her ourselves , but the flight was cancelled so she is back in work. Flights are scheduled for May but may not eventuate. Fillies and mares in the USA NEVER have to race against their male counterparts, there are always races for females and they can race for high stakes if good enough.
    I have become very disillusioned with the lack of fair racing opportunities for mares in Victoria. There should be an open mares race every 2 weeks instead the options are to race the boys or stay at home. I wanted to continue racing Speak No Evil and Pistol Abbey , both very lightly raced and NR of 114 and 111. They are now broodmares. There should be equal opportunities for females but my pleas have fallen on deaf ears. It would be a boost to the breeding industry with more demand for fillies and longevity for good mares. I have always said Ash Barty does not have to play Roger Federer to win a Tennis match ! Lauriston will continue to strive for excellence, I love what I do and have already started my research for the next breeding season.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    More fillies and mares races would seem to be a no-brainer. I now understand your predicament but those airfares are a killer
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A great segment on the Nutrien pre-sale program with Bill and Anne being interviewed by Adam Hamilton
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been getting right into the USTA website this week and can understand why a crack at the USofA has to be tempting
    This is the top 2yo earners from the completed 2020 season (2yo racing has not begun for 2021)

https://www.ustrotting.com/trackside...rn&q=2&yr=2020

Southwind Gendry (5th) and Test Of Faith (9th) won HALF A MILLION without winning a Gp1
    But you might want to get a couple of trotters as the Top 2 are trotters
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread