Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite race caller??

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas

Who is your favourite race caller??

Who is your favourite race caller who isn't calling the harness these days..

I'm tossing up between Terry Spargo and Brian Markovic..

I also liked Pete Smith (Adelaide), Terry McAuliffe (Adelaide) and David Fowler (QLD)

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    My favourite isn't in Australia anymore but is in NZ - Mark McNamara

John Hunt from Perth was VERY good. He always conveyed excitement in the race, from a group 1 all the way down to restricted class race in the bush.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    I do not know who the caller is (sounds like Darin Tikeman or something like that) but when you watch the video online of your Auckland Reactor racing in one of his races (that I will try to load here in a minute), you would have to say that guy is a great caller and an exciting caller. Here in the US the best caller is Ken Warkentin at the Meadowlands.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    thanks for giving us the best in Mark McNamara

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Neil
    I'd have to agree with you there, being from n.s.w i listened to Mark call a lot of races and he would be one of the best. Our loss is your gain.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Johnson View Post
    I do not know who the caller is (sounds like Darin Tikeman or something like that) but when you watch the video online of your Auckland Reactor racing in one of his races (that I will try to load here in a minute), you would have to say that guy is a great caller and an exciting caller. Here in the US the best caller is Ken Warkentin at the Meadowlands.
    That called was Darren Tyquin was another Australian caller we "borrowed" who was sadly killed in 2009.

the story is below

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=71052

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I would have to say Reon Murtha was my favourite growing up will never forget Christian Cullen's NZ Cup Call "In a galaxy of stars hes the brightest of them all"

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    Is there a video of that race peacheymagic? Maybe somebody could post one on here so as we can see and hear that Christian Cullen call as that would be interesting. Also I have seen a Christian Cullen colt here in the States a yearling and oh my goodness what a colt! I do not think that there are many here that were bred, a friend of mind said about 20 to 30 on the ground now coming up yearlings next week I think.

nat
    Have you watched on You Tube "Christian Cullen Story" at the start of part 5 it covers the NZ Cup, Its a shame about his stud career in the US you dont know what you have missed out on I'd take a Cullen over an Art Major or Bettor's Delight

triplev123
    macca!

+ Reply to Thread