Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite race caller??

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Johnson View Post
    Is there a video of that race peacheymagic? Maybe somebody could post one on here so as we can see and hear that Christian Cullen call as that would be interesting. Also I have seen a Christian Cullen colt here in the States a yearling and oh my goodness what a colt! I do not think that there are many here that were bred, a friend of mind said about 20 to 30 on the ground now coming up yearlings next week I think.
    It would be great if we can see which ones make it to the yearling sales next year.

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Hi Thomas like Nat said the Christian Cullen story on you tube is a great watch which I reccommend you see. I haven't been able to track down a video of his nz cup win but it is on this you tube series. Here is a link to arguably Christian Cullens greatest performance in the 1998 Miracle Mile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8g1uKQgZXY. Enjoy

Member Yearling jsday will become famous soon enough jsday's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    sales
    There is one Harness Announcer in the World. He is the Michael Jordon of Harness Announcing put him in the hall of fame right now.....the one the only sam mckee

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Over the years I have been lucky to listen to many great callers and without a doubt my favourite is Mark McNamara. Due to my hours of employment I have to listen to the majority of races and not get to watch them. Mark is like a artist, he paints a picture of the race for you. Whether it be a $4000 tuesday race or a Group 1, he gives you a precise and accurate discription of not only where your horse is but how it is travelling. I love listening to the callers in Aust, they add a touch of something different to calls. New Zealand used to have some brilliant callers but unfortunately with the exception of Mark, Davey Mac and Aaron White the rest leave a lot to be desired.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Dan Mielecki. The best in Australia. apart from also telling a story describing where every horse is positioned, at the end of every race he gives last 400m and mile rate without fail.
    So many other callers in Oz fail to do this even for Group races!

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Dan Mielecki always gives the lead time and each quarter.

triplev123
    The calls I always adored, although some people didn't like his style, came from Peter Gilligan. He used to call the races in Tassie and like Macca he always had a bit of background or some tidbit of info to pass on about one or more of the horses in a given race. Over the years he called a number of races that one of our horses was in and he always made it feel like a special occasion even if it was just a bread and butter C0 event. One of Peter's best in my opinon was one afternoon at Mowbray in a very keenly contested 2yo event. There were 10 horses in the race and down the back at about the 800m it seemed as though every driver bar the leader had decided to pull and make a charge towards the front all at the same time. Peter broke from his usual description and shouted "Have a go at this! They've come out everywhere... like Black Snakes in Summer" Another was a day in the middle of Winter when the Fog, Sleet and Rain rolled in from across the back of the track. The visibility was very poor and into the back for the first time the field quickly disappeared. Peter, disgusted with the weather shouted..." Fair dinkum ladies and gentlemen, I'm having a real go here but this is like trying to spot white mice in a snow storm, your guess is as good as mine". Occasionally he was also given to pouring considerable post finishing line scorn what had been on a heavily bet fav. that had disappointed...once going back through the field & upon getting to the distanced fav. stated " Someone better get so and so a saucer of milk... because it's a CAT!" I think Peter had his money on it too. :-)))))

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Fair dinkum ladies and gentlemen, I'm having a real go here but this is like trying to spot white mice in a snow storm, your guess is as good as mine".
    hahahahahah you must have died laughing when you heard this..

The snake one reminds me of David Fowler earlier this year when there was a possum in the commentator's box..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNqQP6oNxG0

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    and of course who can forget Jim Jacques when he lost his voice....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHdap...eature=related

Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    ooops... I should have written.. "and of coarse who can... " LOL

+ Reply to Thread