Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges laid in swabbing scandal

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Well said Peter.
    From what I hear at the tracks, your point about those named in the O'Toole report still winning races, is the single most damaging thing within the Industry at the moment.
    Like you the clean Trainers and Drivers are Pissed off and I get the feeling many would give it away if they could but most have no other trades to fall back on.
    Time to act boys.........More damage done each week

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    What i was told yesterday that even the good guys are now having to resort to other means to compete.I believe one cleanskin was recently done for co2 trying to compete.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    What i was told yesterday that even the good guys are now having to resort to other means to compete.I believe one cleanskin was recently done for co2 trying to compete.
    Told that too, sad isn't it that he felt he had to lower himself to the SCUM level but then again he had a choice, they will get caught..........

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    I had a good source tell me back in August when this first came to light a couple of players involved in this scandal, sure enough they were the ones charged in November. Then just before Xmas time I was told another 2 players were due to be stood down, one whos horses were in rare "2010" form last night and ripped over 60k prizemoney from honest participants on last nights efforts alone and another whos name was branded about in the media for receiving a warning letter back in August, and still nothing. The boys seem to have gone quiet on this...... where are you Sam?

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    This is so widespread cheats are being caught in all racing districts, and in most cases are not receiving big enough disqualifications to discourage them. They just change their horses over to a relative and continue to train the horses on the same property. Refuse to take a swab and get a minimum disqualification, as has happened with two trainers recently. Untill the authority get serious the industry will only detoriate further.

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
    I had a good source tell me back in August when this first came to light a couple of players involved in this scandal, sure enough they were the ones charged in November. Then just before Xmas time I was told another 2 players were due to be stood down, one whos horses were in rare "2010" form last night and ripped over 60k prizemoney from honest participants on last nights efforts alone and another whos name was branded about in the media for receiving a warning letter back in August, and still nothing. The boys seem to have gone quiet on this...... where are you Sam?
    I also heard that some will get away with the drug/betting scandal as they were smarter than others! Found that hard to believe but apparently true.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    There will be more on this come out after next Fridays court cases of Bennett and O'toole. But the above mentioned seemed to be covered in I thick layer of Teflon and nothing will stick.

As for the swabs it just showes what complete joke regulation of harness racing has become. Trainers know they are gone but can have cases put off for long periods never seen before.

I accept the wheels of justice turn slowly. But a HRNSW they have all but stopped.

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    There will be more on this come out after next Fridays court cases of Bennett and O'toole. But the above mentioned seemed to be covered in I thick layer of Teflon and nothing will stick.

As for the swabs it just showes what complete joke regulation of harness racing has become. Trainers know they are gone but can have cases put off for long periods never seen before.

I accept the wheels of justice turn slowly. But a HRNSW they have all but stopped.

You may be correct Tiny
    As for the swabs you are correct IT IS A JOKE.
    The CEO needs to implement a NEW rule to speed up the swab process, he can do this because he is the BOSS.
    Last edited by peteboss4; 02-12-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added a bit, changed a sentence

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post

Victoria is very slow with inquiries etc only found out about the Jack one by contacting Harness board and asking.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Agree with you totally Peter.

Closed Thread