Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager

Banned Gelding Diesel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Stevens
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    As previously stated..........The Big Guns are still out there.
    37 races listed seem to be O'Tooles info
    If you scroll through these 37 a pattern appears.
    Apart from the ones already arrested its easy to work out the big players.....
    One particular driver appears quite regularly.

Dont be fooled.......there are plenty more races under suspicion.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Harness Racing NSW is starting to turn the corner.Forget those who say the industry will never recover.Its the beginning of a great era.The industry needed to weed out the parasites and vermin in order to progress.May the innocent be set free and the guilty be given life bans!
    [VVV] I'll Second that. Well said Howard.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    There is no wonder some people are considering getting out of the industry for a while. It's terrible what has taken place.
    the guilty be given life bans! Amen

Banned Weanling PD13 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Alex Taylor
    Looking at the time inbetween some of the 37 races highlighted, not all has been revealed or declared. They are just the races O'Toole has stated he has involvement with. If the $430,000 reported is true, then there are many many more races involved. 1 man, 37 races, $430K........ That's $11,621 average per race. He wasn't getting that much. How they are going to promote this Sport is certainly going to be a huge job. I'd rather be Gillard trying to sell NBN or Climate Change.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by PD13 View Post
    Looking at the time inbetween some of the 37 races highlighted, not all has been revealed or declared. They are just the races O'Toole has stated he has involvement with. If the $430,000 reported is true, then there are many many more races involved. 1 man, 37 races, $430K........ That's $11,621 average per race. He wasn't getting that much. How they are going to promote this Sport is certainly going to be a huge job. I'd rather be Gillard trying to sell NBN or Climate Change.
    I understand where you are coming from as it doesn't look good right now. But after the dust has settled HRNSW can put its hand up and say "We have had the Police go through this sport and clear out the deadbeats, it is now clean". Not many other sports can say that. Not many have just opened the books and invited such a purge. Brighter days are ahead.

Member Gelding Just Saying will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    I feel much more confident when people are actually getting caught. There's ALWAYS some sort of corruption going on.

Junior Member Yearling coldshot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Taylor
    Occupation
    Teacher/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
    I understand where you are coming from as it doesn't look good right now. But after the dust has settled HRNSW can put its hand up and say "We have had the Police go through this sport and clear out the deadbeats, it is now clean". Not many other sports can say that. Not many have just opened the books and invited such a purge. Brighter days are ahead.
    HRNSW can't and won't say that, and it would be unfair to expect it to. I hope that everything is water-tight re the legal aspects so that where charges are made the evidence/process is strong enough for them to stick. I'm sure we will have a cleaner sport after all of this but wider confidence will take some time to return. At least we will be moving forwards. The people involved should be thoroughly thoroughly ashamed of themselves. By the time this is all over the cost of the investigation, legal advice, etc will probably be on a par with the ill-gotten gains.

Junior Member Foal LEGENDAIREY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron Airey
    Occupation
    Self Employed

Thumbs down Bring Harness racing back a viable betting proposition."Urgently"

Where ever money is involved there will always be corruption! there are a lot more out there that use different ways to either win a race or pull there horses up especially when favorite, I have been following Harness racing for over 30 years and i have seen quite a lot, I won't mention any names but there is on fellow that never tried on a favorite unless it was a big win prize or he was on a roughie, and what i am saying is fact, i used to keep data bases on all horses Trials, Sales, Wins And Mile Rates etc, i used to earn a second income, but the past 2 years has been unbelievable, you can throw any type of form out the window as horses being beaten by 40 metres on there merits are winning their next starts. How?? Unless they have a little help!! It's impossible for them to show form reversal. In saying that on hearing that there is 37 plus races that are under scrutiny tells me that i had no chance of investing my money for a return. All areas of a harness race need to be looked at here's a few.
    1.Any horse or driver leading with slow sectionals, both be banned for 3 months. there should be a minimum set of lead times for all distances.
    2.Favorites that that don't perform to expectations, both be banned for 3 months.
    3.Form reversal horses beaten out of sight last start barring an incident, both be banned for 3 months.
    4.If a trainer has 2 or more in a race and one is favorite but doesn't put in an effort and is beaten by a stablemate, every endeavor should be made by stewards to find out why, because there are many races where the favorite or form horse loses when it should have had every thing going for it to win unless it fell over.
    These are only a few incidences that need addressing and if HRNSW want integrity back in this sport they need too think that it the punting public that keeps them afloat and the more they are betting on bad investments because of corruptness the more they will give it away.
    Last edited by LEGENDAIREY; 11-29-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Legendairey

If we adopted your suggestions, especially 3 what would you do with the recently USA returned trainer and his horse from race 11 at Menangle today.

Closed Thread