Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges laid in swabbing scandal

Member Gelding Just Saying will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Careful fellas there are some protected topics in here......Dont question a Hancock.
    It wasnt that long ago Mr Pizzuto was given a roasting in here for his drive and ultimately got 12 months. Luke McCarthy had a similar situation on Saturday night and an enquiry has been opened BUT NOT A WORD OF IT IN HERE.......

Matt Rue should be looking at a similar suspension if they are consistent.
    http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...ll=1#post13393

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    [QUOTE=racefair;13517]
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] The horse could have had a myriad of problems holding it back and maybe Darren has been able to get over the top of them. Who knows? If you asked him I'm sure he'd tell you.

Hi [vvv],I find your analysis interesting. Can you suggest what problem/s could be worked out that would give a 3.5 sec improvement?
    Shoeing would be a good start then you have feed,treatment's,work loads,any any other number of thing's
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Junior Member Foal Howard will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Howard Taylor
    Heres my answer to making NSW Harness racing the showpiece of Australian racing of all codes.Enjoy the wisdom of "Howards Reforms"

1. Put every horse in its own sectioned off alley and race them in a straight line.This will eliminate the back row handicap.The sectioned off alley means that false starts will be a thing of the past.No more drivers putting up their hand to signal broken gear and quickly jumping off to unbuckle a strap.
    There will be no "unfortunate" locking of wheels (sorry Robbie B) and of course your horse wont need to deal with tight turns so bowed tendons,broken pedal bones etc etc will be less likely.This will please the RSPCA but your local vet might have to have to cancel his order for a third yacht for his Tahiti marina

2.Have a mechanical driver,all of the same weight and ability.Its not as if you need to have a thinking mans brain in it.Heck Vince Silvestro can drive a horse standing in a gig with his teeth and firecrackers going off everywhere,yet put him in a race and he instantly reverts to the standard moronic monotonous merry go round follow the leader Sydney style of racing.Ive asked Josh W if driving is rocket science and he said "errrr ummm yeah yeah no, no,no its not rocket science".

3. No swabbing of any sort.Yes youve read right,no swabbing.Every horse will be filled to the eyeballs.Its all even.Do i hear a "here here" from David W and Peter M??
    NSW harness racing wouldnt be in this predicament if this (no) law was in place.There wont be any bribing of any steward because theres nothing they can tell you that you dont already know! Its human nature for a mere mortal commoner to spill the beans on classified information for cash.I mean before you know it you can trade in your old Datsun 180b for a new Bentley.Even the dumbest Toole would be in that.

4. Cost cutting.No need for more than 1 steward whos only job is to officiate the photo finish.After that you need a handicapper who can also take on the important roles of ordering lunch and making coffee for that 1 steward and diverting calls from disgruntled industry participants to a disconnected number.Good news for the present 30 odd dead wood public servants in the Bankstown HRA office-the Employment Solutions Office is located just a short distance down to Meredith St.Perhaps you can all use your organisation skills to car pool.Perhaps.......

Which brings me on to Sam Nati.Yes hes young, very bright and is turning the industry on its head.He is man enough to get up and finally say enough is enough.I salute you for being a true great leader.However in my reforms there is no place for a executive with a salary of 800k plus.Quite simply your position will be obsolete.
    However on the odd occasion we do need a ruler i say we go straight to the top.Im not talking Prime Minister Gillard or Her Excellency the Governor General Quentin Bryce.Im talking even higher than Kylie Minogue.Yes i think our head of state Queen Elizabeth should be granted final say over all matters involving Harness Racing NSW.The old duck hasnt got too much on her hands these days.She also likes racing.Maybe Chemical Ali can sell her 1 of the 8 50% shares he will offer in his next NZ purchase?

Thankyou for reading Howards Reforms

"God Save the Queen because nothing will save you when task force Tairora arrives at your stable" Howard Taylor. November 30 2011

Junior Member Foal LEGENDAIREY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron Airey
    Occupation
    Self Employed

Question Horses having days off

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    G'gay Ron i like your rule no 1 about leading in races and the time that should be run
    well thank's for the SCOOP about the sectional times their has been a policy in place for every track for time limit's for the first half of the last mile for a few season's now and is in place and enforced so perhap's you could cross number 1 out along with no 2 do you ever have an off day horses do as well
    No 3 yes form reversal should be looked into more aggressively and no 4 they already have inquiries for this just my thought's
    Hi Greg thanks for responding to my quip. When i say that favorites don't put in i mean that over the last few years i have noticed more than 50% will either break in the score up or gallop out why? battling trainers with favorites i reckon put in 100% effort as winning to them is money in the bank. Hi profile drivers i have noticed are the ones whose horses tend to be the culprits, if you don't believe me go back and look at the results of odds-on favorite races, also from now on monitor how many more will do it.
    Again i want to know why this happens??
    As for the minimum sectional times are apparently already in place at most tracks, some drivers are getting away with 64-66 1st half miles and are fined a paltry $100-$200 but that does not help the punter, on most occasions these days drivers tend to sit back and allow the leader to dictate in front, myself and i guess most punters would like to see truly run races like the Miracle Mile where as I'mthemightyquinns driver served it up to Smoken Up and Lance Justice came back off the fence and took the lead again instead of sitting behind him which set the precedent off a good race with good sectional times. That's what i call a race, any other race where they are all in their positions until the last 400-600metres before doing anything is boring.
    Last edited by LEGENDAIREY; 11-30-2011 at 07:13 AM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDAIREY View Post
    Hi Greg thanks for responding to my quip. When i say that favorites don't put in i mean that over the last few years i have noticed more than 50% will either break in the score up or gallop out why? battling trainers with favorites i reckon put in 100% effort as winning to them is money in the bank. Hi profile drivers i have noticed are the ones whose horses tend to be the culprits, if you don't believe me go back and look at the results of odds-on favorite races, also from now on monitor how many more will do it.
    Again i want to know why this happens??
    As for the minimum sectional times are apparently already in place at most tracks, some drivers are getting away with 64-66 1st half miles and are fined a paltry $100-$200 but that does not help the punter, on most occasions these days drivers tend to sit back and allow the leader to dictate in front, myself and i guess most punters would like to see truly run races like the Miracle Mile where as I'mthemightyquinns driver served it up to Smoken Up and Lance Justice came back off the fence and took the lead again instead of sitting behind him which set the precedent off a good race with good sectional times. That's what i call a race, any other race where they are all in their positions until the last 400-600metres before doing anything is boring.
    Oh dear at the bolded part. If its true go on betfair and lay them...oh wait its not true.
    The $100-$200 fine shouldnt be there in the first place. Why is it anyone's perogative to run a certain time to appease someone else. Count yourself lucky the rule is there at the moment.
    If you don't like it, can't back a winner and find it boring then go away.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Sectional times are the greatest joke in harness racing . How they got away with introducing this rule is testament to how stupid the rule makers in this sport are. Can someone tell me any
    other sport in the world were the leader of the race has to run a certain speed and then if they don't the rulers fine or suspend them, Surely tactics are a part of any competition. You wouldn't see it at the gallops, you don't see it Bike racing ,athletics ,swimming or any other sport .If a driver was driving one of mine and he drove it one stride faster than he had to in order to win he would never get on any more of my horses .What the poor old horse with limited ability that get's a cheap lead and with a couple of steady quarters he get's home and earns a reprieve from the nackery not to mention getting a few bob back for his long suffering owners. Oh no his suppose to go flat chat and let some other bugger that has done nothing in the race come off his hard work and get the dough. Get back to good old competitive racing were drivers use their brain.

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Quote Originally Posted by alex 123 View Post
    Hi there, just reading all the information that TripleV123 has written over the last 3 mths.

You could be a steward Triple, but Im sure you drink milk out of a saucer. I think your a big cat.
    Jamie why don't you apply for a trainers licence.
    Jamie why don't you apply for a drivers licence.
    You have NO ability with horses.
    Just stick to pouring beers Jamie
    Get your facts right numb nut, Jaimie doesn't pour beers

:-)

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Sectional times are the greatest joke in harness racing . How they got away with introducing this rule is testament to how stupid the rule makers in this sport are. Can someone tell me any
    other sport in the world were the leader of the race has to run a certain speed and then if they don't the rulers fine or suspend them, Surely tactics are a part of any competition. You wouldn't see it at the gallops, you don't see it Bike racing ,athletics ,swimming or any other sport .If a driver was driving one of mine and he drove it one stride faster than he had to in order to win he would never get on any more of my horses .What the poor old horse with limited ability that get's a cheap lead and with a couple of steady quarters he get's home and earns a reprieve from the nackery not to mention getting a few bob back for his long suffering owners. Oh no his suppose to go flat chat and let some other bugger that has done nothing in the race come off his hard work and get the dough. Get back to good old competitive racing were drivers use their brain.
    Gee Dennis

You are getting revved up there mate.

By the way I agree with you but this is not a new thing in Harness Racing I recall in the early 70"s yes 40years ago the then controlling body which was Harold Park wanted to half prize money in races that were not run quickly enough.

Do not get me wrong I actually agree with you I am just saying the issue it has been around for a long time , long before the current rules were put in place.

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Oh dear at the bolded part. If its true go on betfair and lay them...oh wait its not true.
    y.
    Betfair i think is also apart of the problem.To be able to back a horse to lose SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED in any case.It opens in my opinion everything up to corruption.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Gee Dennis

You are getting revved up there mate.

By the way I agree with you but this is not a new thing in Harness Racing I recall in the early 70"s yes 40years ago the then controlling body which was Harold Park wanted to half prize money in races that were not run quickly enough.

Do not get me wrong I actually agree with you I am just saying the issue it has been around for a long time , long before the current rules were put in place.
    That's right Bill Dad was telling me about that a few week's ago.My feeling is if you win in a slow time good luck to you as no-one else has the balls to take you on they don't deserve to win . We won a race at Blayney at their carnival of cup's meeting and led and ran 2.10 i was so embarissed (spelling excuse me ) not that we won the race and had a good collect from tote and bookmaker's but on the time we ran and were allowed to do it by the other driver's in the race surely they must have more confidence in their horses than this or just can't judge speed even a squib can run a quick last quarter if allowed to do nothing early so if the driver does his homework he should know what everyone in the race is capable of and drive accordingly and the best thing about the win was getting a picture with all the kid's and grand kid's in it with me as is the first time we've all been their for a horse's win together .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Closed Thread