Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges laid in swabbing scandal

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
    Paul O'Toole is due to front court tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if any more news comes out after his court appearance. There was a small piece in todays Daily Telegraph stating Reid Sanders has been busy over the last week interviewing participants in regional NSW. You can bet your bottom dollar he had a stay over in Bathurst. Hopefully we will find out some more soon.
    Did he meet with the Creature from the Black Lagoon?

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Did he meet with the Creature from the Black Lagoon?
    Quite likely I'd say.

Looks like Paul O'Toole faced court today and didn't enter a plea, his case has been adjourned until February. If no more charges are laid until after February and HRNSW don't step in and take some action and stand down some of those still competing before too long that'll do me.

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDAIREY View Post
    Hi, you are right Stewards should have the power no matter what, in that in there discretion that a driver does not look to be giving there horse every possible chance to win, barring an incident(flat Tyre, tailed off from being checked or breaking or galloping out) also i have said it many times to the C.E.O of HRNSW through Emails that form reversal needs to looked at as well, G. Hando said through this forum that horses have "off" days. But how can a horse that has been given every possible chance in running run last beaten over 50 metres comes out and wins it's next start??one example is Cold Native, just look at it's replay of when it was 1x1 dropped right out at the 400 metre mark then comes out it's next start to win easily???? There really is a lot of areas within the industry that need to be looked at before the punter is confident again that harness racing is worth placing their money on.

Wrong on that example there Ron. If you look a little deeper you will notice Cold Native had a run 5 days prior to that poor performance you mentioned, in which he led and ran 2nd, beaten 3 metres in a time of 1.55.3. After the poor performance in the Mount Eden Heat, connections were quizzed by stewards and Sullivan blamed a relatively quick back up from a fast run 5 days prior and stewards stood the horse down for a trial on an unsatisfactory performance. After re-qualifiying and a freshen up he managed to win on Tuesday in a time of 1.56.5, one second slower than the time he registered 2 starts prior. I'm all for stewards looking into vastly improved performances, but only when they are warranted. If you did abit more homework on that particular horse you may have got a piece of the $6.30 on offer on Tuesday.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Well said Rainmaker and 3 x v obviously his start before was an off day due to tiredness from backing up so soon after .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Latest press release , issued an hour ago , possibly relating to matters in this thread http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=94508

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sounds promising, it would seem they are going to be tough - you tell us a lie and we will charge you and suspend you until the hearing.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal sharkie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    paul carney
    Does any body what happened today , with the court appearance of M.Russo....

Banned Weanling Airds is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    John Jackson
    Bill you talk a load of crap, we all know you work at hrnsw !

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Airds View Post
    Bill you talk a load of crap, we all know you work at hrnsw !

John

That is just how stupid you are. I do not work at HRNSW and if I did they would sack me or at least they should for making some of the posts I do, however you consistency in being wrong is very impressive.

Banned Yearling Dmoore will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Doug Moore
    Funny you mention that Airds....."Bill" joined this forum and the betfair forum a week after one Michael Beattie um...resigned from hrnsw.....just a coincidence???

Closed Thread