Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges laid in swabbing scandal

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by CTG View Post
    From what I have heard Bentley was apparently one of the best stewards going around and could play any of the participants as well as his colleagues off a break. If he did anything wrong and how he got caught I dont know. Im sure it will all come out.

[VVV] My absolute, hand on heart, God's honest truth opinion of old mate...and this is one that's placing his guilt or innocence in the current carry-on totally aside...is that he was at least two people.
    One of them was an apparently quite talented, intelligent and seemingly up and coming young Steward. I honestly thought that in short order he would have been given the big chair and said so a few times to a number of my friends. (towels please, need to wipe the egg off my face).
    The other was a version you'd see now and again who was an at times too short with/rude to the participants IMO, to the point of being vindictive with it & he happened to strike me as being a bit of a control freak as well. I strongly suspect he was more than just a little intoxicated with the power he had, whatever that may have actually been or that he at least thought it to be.
    He was to me a human version of horse that used to race at Harold Park years ago by the name of Royce Hanover.
    Talented but erratic, on his night brilliant, on other nights simply dreadful...& similarly the problem was that you just never really knew which one was going to turn up.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Mate he's not. He's been interveiwed by the corn corneal a few times and each time they proved him squeaky clean. So forget it

Banned Yearling Trotter is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Brendan Jones
    Why was my post deleted?? Was just asking a question

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
    Why was my post deleted?? Was just asking a question
    I've got it on good authority that a moderator on this site is super chummy with a bloke who has already been arreseted over the swabbing scandal in NSW and at least one more who is under invesitgation. So how can you have a say without posts being deleted? Conflict of interest much harnesslink?

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Brendan, sorta agree with you as he was driving Russos horses, and his name is in the Paul O'Toole charge sheet list, you dont have to be too smart to work out the cheats from that. He would have had to be in the know, just like these others that are STILL ripping everyone else off on a near daily bases. But i do understand that their is a lot to process & patience is a virtue but it dosn't make it any eaiser when it seems that, to us, not a lot has been done since the 5 arrests & 2 stand downs.

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by peteboss4 View Post
    Brendan, sorta agree with you as he was driving Russos horses, and his name is in the Paul O'Toole charge sheet list, you dont have to be too smart to work out the cheats from that. He would have had to be in the know, just like these others that are STILL ripping everyone else off on a near daily bases. But i do understand that their is a lot to process & patience is a virtue but it dosn't make it any eaiser when it seems that, to us, not a lot has been done since the 5 arrests & 2 stand downs.
    And how about the blokes still participating at honest owners and trainers expense, and still juicing horses to stockpile money while they can because they know they are going to get life soon?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
    I've got it on good authority that a moderator on this site is super chummy with a bloke who has already been arreseted over the swabbing scandal in NSW and at least one more who is under invesitgation. So how can you have a say without posts being deleted? Conflict of interest much harnesslink?
    Hi Eric

I was the one who deleted the post and i have sent a private msg explaining why i did as such, feel free to private msg me as to who this moderator is.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
    And how about the blokes still participating at honest owners and trainers expense, and still juicing horses to stockpile money while they can because they know they are going to get life soon?
    That is the new admin of HRNSW new pension funding program its called "looking after your mates in desperate times"

Why can some say anything and others get posts deleted for trivial reasons like "not being nice ?" rules are for all not just a select few.
    Last edited by ringman; 01-01-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added text

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by peteboss4 View Post
    Ok maths was never my strong point so please correct me if I am wrong.

Here is the list from my Memory

Paul O'Toole resigned (with a push) and arrested.
    Matthew Bentley resigned (with a push).
    Mark Vallender Warned off ..lifted on appeal.
    Robbie Byrnes Warned off .. under appeal.
    Cam Fitzpatrick arrested.. stood down.
    Greg Bennett arrested.. stood down.
    Michael Russo arrested.. stood down.
    Dean Atkinson arrested .. stood down.
    Greg Sarina .. stood down
    Ben Sarina.. stood down.

That is nine people (it was 10 but Vallender is back for now) who already have been stopped participating in Harness Racing and we all know the investigation is a long way from finished.

The fact Vallender got back on appeal shows how careful you need to be as an administrator before you act.

Bill

Banned Yearling Dmoore will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Doug Moore
    Or what about actually charging people that you have evidence against and not be made to look a fool in court...... I thought that is how the legal system worked

Closed Thread