Thread: Charges laid in swabbing scandal

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Sorry Bill, thanks for the maths lesson i was always hopeless at that.
    Its my mum whos adding up the cheating prizemoney won, thank goodness.

Banned Foal BeckyBean will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Beanie
    I have been following the harness "swab scandal" since the early days and there are a lot of dots I just can't seem to join. For example where Mike Vallender fits into the script?? How can he be warned off and then reinstated so quickly....it doesn't make sense. From what I have read he got warned off for not handing over phone records but you seem to suggest Bill he is more involved? His name was mentioned from the start with the other steward but none have been charged by either harness racing or the police!!

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    The Sarina's have been charged with the relatively minor charge of giving false evidence. I don't realy think it is a great victory. It is not a coruption charge. But yes they have been stood down for now.
    Last edited by tiny; 01-01-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Added a bit

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    So far the only charged laid for coruption by hrnsw are:
    Fitzpatric 2 charges of giving a monatary reward
    Atkinson 2 charges of giving a monatary rewardand one of offering a monatary reward.

My point is if they suspect this relates to 400 races it should all be over with by about 2030.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I stand to be corrected, but i dont think Vallender has any part in this. he was originally asked to produce phone records as he is a schoolmate and partner in a thoroughbred with Bentley and his dad. This was in the early stage of the investigation and HRNSW were still trying to see who was in fact involved.

Apparently he said he would give his records to the police but not HRNSW. Thats when he was warned off.

Subsequently, HRNSW have seen his records and sought fit to reinstate him as the records showed he was not involved.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    My point is if they suspect this relates to 400 races it should all be over with by about 2030.[/QUOTE]

That line made me laugh.....

Banned Yearling Trotter is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Brendan Jones
    Thanks for msg Dallas, I understand why you deleted it. Shits me tho you have people like him who are known in all harness racing circles too be involved. Let me turn back the clock too the other fri night at Newcastle. Lachlan jack beat a well backed patches ohoulihan, betting showed significant support for patches before support late for lauchlan. Patches hit the line head on chest mouth open, lauchlan wins at $15 rumor is sarina and trainer....... Pocketed over 35k rumors have it

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyBean View Post
    I have been following the harness "swab scandal" since the early days and there are a lot of dots I just can't seem to join. For example where Mike Vallender fits into the script?? How can he be warned off and then reinstated so quickly....it doesn't make sense. From what I have read he got warned off for not handing over phone records but you seem to suggest Bill he is more involved? His name was mentioned from the start with the other steward but none have been charged by either harness racing or the police!!
    No I am not suggesting anything one way or the other simply stating the facts.

Mr Vallender's initial refusal to hand over his records to HRNSW no doubt frustrated the investigation, I am not sure how far it has progressed since HRNSW have had the records, only time will tell.

Unlike others I try not to form strong opinions without all the the facts

Banned Foal BeckyBean will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Beanie
    It would only frustrate an inquiry if he or other people who isn't hand over their records had done something wrong. What do phone records show anyway? Anyone can ring anyone! Either you have evidence against someone or you don't....clearly
    Their isn't evidence against a lot of people that were named early on in the investigation!

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyBean View Post
    It would only frustrate an inquiry if he or other people who isn't hand over their records had done something wrong. What do phone records show anyway? Anyone can ring anyone! Either you have evidence against someone or you don't....clearly
    Their isn't evidence against a lot of people that were named early on in the investigation!
    In that you may be right but they were never named as being suspects by HRNSW it was just harness rumor mill it full production.

Closed Thread