Closed Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges laid in swabbing scandal

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    This in The Western Advocate some more names from the judge who gave bail.

Trotting steward facing fraud charges
    24 Nov, 2011 05:10 PM
    LITHGOW Local Court has heard allegations of a leading trotting steward’s role in a race fixing scam that netted him $400,000.
    Paul Anthony O’Toole, 48, of Sublime Point Road, Leura, appeared in handcuffs before magistrate Georgia Knight on 34 charges of receiving a corrupt benefit as an agent and four counts of attempting to receive a corrupt benefit.

He was remanded on self recognizance to appear for plea or mention in the Downing Centre local Court on December 8.

In granting bail, Ms Knight said O’Toole must not contact a number of trotting identities including Greg Bennett, Mathew Bentley, Michael Russo, Dean Atkinson and Cameron Fitzpatrick.

He was also ordered to surrender his passport, report to Katoomba police twice weekly and not to go within 500 metres of any international departure point.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    This investigation is out of the hands of HRNSW(which is good) so it will result in lots more being charged as the lesser lights in these scams roll over and name names.had the police not stepped in it may well have been a case of just 1 or 2 being outed like in the past decades..... but now jail time is facing them its a different matter.

Banned Gelding racefair will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jett Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Not making any comment with matters before the courts etc. , just looking at past stats. , but can you spot the difference in the following NSW Driver's Premierships?

2006/7 http://www.harness.org.au/nsw-premie...ason_name=0607

2007/08 http://www.harness.org.au/nsw-premie...ason_name=0708

2008/09 http://www.harness.org.au/nsw-premie...ason_name=0809

2009/10 http://www.harness.org.au/nsw-premie...ason_name=0910

2010/2011 http://www.harness.org.au/nsw-premie...ason_name=1011

2011/2012 (to date) http://www.harness.org.au/nsw-premie...ason_name=1112
    The stats on the Trainers Premiership from year to year is also interesting.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    The next to go must be the administration that harbourd them. Seems strange Sanders been moved aside must be getting but close to home
    Andy you have to be joking it is the administration that uncovered the crime in the first place. They made no attempt to hide it or sweep it under the carpet in fact they came out with a press release on day one it was not the police.

Reid Sanders has moved to head investigator simply to ensure no perception of bias exists that could effect the prosecution ... talk about a trumped up conspiracy theory.

Banned Foal Pureblonde will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Phyllis Winter
    Tiny, What motivates someone to throw mud such as that? I think it that if you read the press release it was clear that they were concerned that as the size of the investigation has grown he wasn't going to be investigator and then sit in judgement. I reckon that is fair enough. But not sure why they added another investigator....looks like the cops are doing a good job joining the dots....hope they keep taking scalps! I must say that their would be some people sleeping restlessly tonight....and so they should. Hope that fat starter O'Toole ejoys meat and three veg.

Banned Weanling CEdwards81 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Chris Edwards
    Bill, obviously you work at hrnsw and are biased, they are an absolute joke and all need to go, the police should have handled this from day one and hrnsw left out of it as the lies and treatment they have given to innocent people is despicable and they need to be held accountable.

Banned Weanling CEdwards81 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Chris Edwards
    Ring man, have loved your posts your are spot one with everything and I agree 100 percent with your views

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by CEdwards81 View Post
    Bill, obviously you work at hrnsw and are biased, they are an absolute joke and all need to go, the police should have handled this from day one and hrnsw left out of it as the lies and treatment they have given to innocent people is despicable and they need to be held accountable.
    I do not work at HRNSW of that you can rest assured many who have posted about this Investigation have complained the HRNSW had not done the investigation quickly enough.

HRNSW were just making sure all the i's were dotted and the t's crossed as I have said many times patience was the key here.

It is interesting on the day Paul O'toole was charged, John Elias was found not guilty for his alleged part in another betting scam in Rugby League in part because the judge did not accept the opinion of Ray Murrihy who gave evidence as an expert witness it shows how important it is to get things right and the police did that investigation.

On a final note Chris you sound a touch bitter, I am happy to declare honestly I do not work at HRNSW and have no vested interest in the case at all.

Are you prepared however to declare that you did not receive a letter from them asking you for information, perhaps the bias is a little closer to home, do not get upset ... I am only asking

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    It has been reported in the Sydney Morning Herald that the 24 year old who was arrested and charged yesterday in relation to this is harness trainer Michael Russo.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    I do not work at HRNSW of that you can rest assured many who have posted about this Investigation have complained the HRNSW had not done the investigation quickly enough.

HRNSW were just making sure all the i's were dotted and the t's crossed as I have said many times patience was the key here.
    Surely you are kidding HRNSW tried to keep it all hushed up until the media got hold and blew the thing wide open. Blind Freddy could see a rort was on and HRNSW let it go on and on and on. i would be feeling very nervous now if i was a trainer/driver living within a 20k radius of Menagle because its the police cleaning this mess up not HRNSW.

Closed Thread