Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges laid in swabbing scandal

Banned Yearling Trotter is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Brendan Jones
    I guarantee everyone that gets in trouble over this scandal gets off in appeal. Look at the sarinas charge, nothing there. They will be backkkkkkkk

Banned Weanling Airds is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    John Jackson
    If their is no EVIDENCE then so they should be allowed back, they should never have been stood down without any solid EVIDENCE,I am sure if their was EVIDENCE the police would have knocked on their door. HRNSW should let the police run the whole investigation and only deal with the people the police find evidence on under their rules. You talk about the appeal process , well funny that if the court lets them off on appeal does that not emphasise that their is NO EVIDENCE and at least the judge is qualified and has a degree behind them and knows the LAW, innocent until proven guilty with evidence not like HRNSW want to run guilty until you prove your innocent with no evidence. Keep going like this and their won't be anyone left in the industry,Draw a line in the sand and move forward HRNSW, spend your energy and money on promoting the sport and encouraging people to own horses instead of constantly talking about the scandal and attacking the current industry participants, and if their is evidence that a participant has done something wrong then deal with them in a professional manner or even better let the police deal with them,look At the people attending the races almost zero, no general public ,owners,breeders,spectators,punters just trainers and drivers

HARNESSTRAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Airds View Post
    If their is no EVIDENCE then so they should be allowed back, they should never have been stood down without any solid EVIDENCE,I am sure if their was EVIDENCE the police would have knocked on their door. HRNSW should let the police run the whole investigation and only deal with the people the police find evidence on under their rules. You talk about the appeal process , well funny that if the court lets them off on appeal does that not emphasise that their is NO EVIDENCE and at least the judge is qualified and has a degree behind them and knows the LAW, innocent until proven guilty with evidence not like HRNSW want to run guilty until you prove your innocent with no evidence. Keep going like this and their won't be anyone left in the industry,Draw a line in the sand and move forward HRNSW, spend your energy and money on promoting the sport and encouraging people to own horses instead of constantly talking about the scandal and attacking the current industry participants, and if their is evidence that a participant has done something wrong then deal with them in a professional manner or even better let the police deal with them,look At the people attending the races almost zero, no general public ,owners,breeders,spectators,punters just trainers and drivers
    John if there was No EVIDENCE do you really think they would be stood down.

At the very least the Stipes have EVIDENCE that they LIED , and that my friend is enough to stand them down.
    I would think when the EVIDENCE about the 12 races they won during the FREE PASS period is revealed they will get their TRUE penalty

Banned Weanling Airds is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    John Jackson
    Ron, I said "IF" their is no evidence they should be allowed back! As for the 12 races you mention again "IF" their is evidence I am sure they will be penalised accordingly and/or receive a knock on the door from the strike force

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Airds View Post
    Ron, I said "IF" their is no evidence they should be allowed back!
    You were trying to say there is no evidence. "I am sure if there was evidence the police would have knocked on their door" pretty much infers that.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    The problem for me is while a small group are stood down a much larger group still participate freely.

The other annoying thing is the fools that were led around by the nose by the smell of money are gone. Those that dangle the carrots remain.

This investigation is going nowhere and while this is the case harness racing moves backwards by the day. It has to be brought to a head soon and as sad as it is accept that most of the crooks got away with it and just put measures in place such as the swabbing of all winners to ensure this can never happin again.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Some News from RacingNSW on a name we all know.

Friday, 6 January 2012
    Stewards Inquiry Into Bag Of Nickels
    The Stewards today held inquiries into the conduct of Mr Matthew Bentley in the mounting enclosure following the running of Race 8 - $50K TAB First 4 Jackpot Handicap at the Rosehill Gardens race meeting conducted on 26 December 2012 and further into the interests/shares held in the racehorse Bag Of Nickels which was successful in that event..
    Evidence today was taken from Mr Matthew Bentley, Mr Mark Vallender lessor and managing lessee of Bag Of Nickels, part lessee and trainer Mr David Vandyke and Mr Peter Bentley a registered lessee of Bag Of Nickels. Further evidence was provided by Journalists Mr Chris Roots and Mr Warwick Barr (by teleconference). Statements were also tendered from journalists Mr Ray Thomas, Mr Clinton Payne and Mr Dallas Baker.
    Mr Matthew Bentley pleaded guilty to a charge under AR175(q) of improper conduct in respect to comments he directed towards journalist Mr Chris Roots whilst present in the mounting enclosure. Mr Bentley was fined the sum of $500 and advised of his rights of appeal.
    In respect to the consideration of the evidence regarding the interests/shares held in Bag Of Nickels Stewards adjourned the matter to give consideration to the large volume of evidence tendered at the inquiry. Stewards ruled that Bag Of Nickels be permitted to start at the Warwick Farm race meeting conducted 7 January 2011 whilst they give consideration to the evidence however ruled that any prizemoney won by Bag Of Nickels be held in trust until such time as the matter is determined.
    M F Van Gestel
    Deputy Chairman of Stewards

Banned Yearling Dmoore will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Doug Moore
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Some News from RacingNSW on a name we all know.

Friday, 6 January 2012
    Stewards Inquiry Into Bag Of Nickels
    The Stewards today held inquiries into the conduct of Mr Matthew Bentley in the mounting enclosure following the running of Race 8 - $50K TAB First 4 Jackpot Handicap at the Rosehill Gardens race meeting conducted on 26 December 2012 and further into the interests/shares held in the racehorse Bag Of Nickels which was successful in that event..
    Evidence today was taken from Mr Matthew Bentley, Mr Mark Vallender lessor and managing lessee of Bag Of Nickels, part lessee and trainer Mr David Vandyke and Mr Peter Bentley a registered lessee of Bag Of Nickels. Further evidence was provided by Journalists Mr Chris Roots and Mr Warwick Barr (by teleconference). Statements were also tendered from journalists Mr Ray Thomas, Mr Clinton Payne and Mr Dallas Baker.
    Mr Matthew Bentley pleaded guilty to a charge under AR175(q) of improper conduct in respect to comments he directed towards journalist Mr Chris Roots whilst present in the mounting enclosure. Mr Bentley was fined the sum of $500 and advised of his rights of appeal.
    In respect to the consideration of the evidence regarding the interests/shares held in Bag Of Nickels Stewards adjourned the matter to give consideration to the large volume of evidence tendered at the inquiry. Stewards ruled that Bag Of Nickels be permitted to start at the Warwick Farm race meeting conducted 7 January 2011 whilst they give consideration to the evidence however ruled that any prizemoney won by Bag Of Nickels be held in trust until such time as the matter is determined.
    M F Van Gestel
    Deputy Chairman of Stewards
    I would pay $500 to give Chris Roots a spray every day of the week...... In the "no good" books his name is top of the list!!!

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoore View Post
    I would pay $500 to give Chris Roots a spray every day of the week...... In the "no good" books his name is top of the list!!!
    In relation to this Harness Racing Scandal, I can only recall him reporting the facts ...don't shoot the messenger they say.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoore View Post
    [VVV] I certainly haven't liked what we've all been reading Doug...but that's not because it wasn't true. I'd much rather he be writing about better things, no doubt we all would, but at no stage can I recall him being wrong or flying loose with the facts.
    All things considered I think Chris has probably gone relatively easy on it all. He could have so easily gone harder, much, much harder. I've seen other journos that have had a whole lot less to talk about make a whole lot more of a fuss.

Closed Thread