Closed Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38

Thread: Charges laid in swabbing scandal

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Hey Peteboss,

Some of Geeuuess's finest work there. He really is a great poster, and didnt he get on Sethlad's nerves.

Btw that blog was only linked to and not posted.

Edit: And I stand by the reason I posted it on bigfooty, (in most cases) owners who take horses from one trainer to another are weak as water.
    Weak as water, how so ?

I work in finance. If I don't provide a return for my clients equal to at least the average of my peers I'll get a degree of loyalty but if I go back to back (below par) I'm down a few clients and possibly my job. That's the ballgame.

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    I agree about the posts being deleted, it's ridiculous. I just served a week's ban because the admin said I "wasn't being nice to another poster" within the thread and my answers!! Bloody stupid.

Rosati sounds like a lovely bloke - "I'll do an Italian job on you"... Bloody hell, how silly this shit getting!

The one thing that stands out for me, he's a bad winner as to a large degree he comes across bitter that he's not winning every race his horses enter. Doesn't he realise after this long in the game, you actually lose more than you win?
    Last edited by Old Frank; 02-13-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    I agree about the posts being deleted, it's ridiculous. I just served a week's ban because the admin said I "wasn't being nice to another poster" within the thread and my answers!! Bloody stupid.

Rosati sounds like a lovely bloke - "I'll do an Italian job on you"... Bloody hell, how silly this shit getting!

The one thing that stands out for me, he's a bad winner as to a large degree he comes across bitter that he's not winning every race his horses enter. Doesn't he realise after this long in the game, you actually lose more than you win?

Its pathetic that the truth is deleted.....I think Murry said in the deleted post was that The guy that won the Hunter Cup & is racing in the Interdoms is doing so under a cloud of a positive swab & others are still ripping everyone off & that Sam needs to get off his behind & do HIS JOB as harness racing is falling apart, I could not see anything wrong even if he used a few strong words that needed the blanks filled in. Big deal. Its the truth & I can not for the life of me understand why it was deleted. The sport is running negative so own up to that & try & fix it. I just hope SAM reads this forum....he should so he can find out how most people feel. Murry also said that we pay his wage....just another truth !
    Last edited by peteboss4; 02-13-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: added the truth

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post

I have & still do feel so bad for E.Heath for loosing that good horse excel Stride to Luke, it won 17 races, $340,000 went 1.52 what more does the guy want !!!!!!!!
    And it meet a much better horse in Sushi Sushi a number of times.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    Weak as water, how so ?

I work in finance. If I don't provide a return for my clients equal to at least the average of my peers I'll get a degree of loyalty but if I go back to back (below par) I'm down a few clients and possibly my job. That's the ballgame.
    Harness racing is a game of loyalty and mateship first, business second in my books. (I'm not saying people aren't entitled to try and earn money)
    Yin and Yang - good business decision changing trainers (perhaps), poor morals (you may disagree).
    In this scenario it's not like Excel Stride was performing poorly either. At the very least you have to feel sorry for Heath wouldn't you?

Side points:
    Trainers are more than entitled to train any horse they're offered.
    I'd hate to be Sam Nati - he is expected to be superman.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by peteboss4 View Post
    I have & still do feel so bad for E.Heath for loosing that good horse excel Stride to Luke, it won 17 races, $340,000 went 1.52 what more does the guy want !!!!!!!!
    And it meet a much better horse in Sushi Sushi a number of times.
    You have to feel for the Guys and Girls that lose nice horses to other barns. I'm missing a few years but after searching the horses mentioned in this thread and doing a search or three on the Stride horses, Neil Day lost a bunch.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    This board is never going to be a schoolyard place of gutter talk while you have Triple,brenno,David adding some common sense and sensibility into the discussion.
    Edited for accuracy.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Well edited Brendan.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Well edited Brendan.
    Not sure how much I add to the board but you and Triple add a fair bit. Although VVV seems to be lacking race fitness since his spell

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Heard that VVV had a strong hit-out in a weekend barrier trial

Closed Thread