Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lombo Pocket Watch

nat

Lombo Pocket Watch

Dose anyone know if Lombo Pocket Watch is in work?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    There's a rumour that he's in work whilst performing stud duties and if they can get a connecting flight they were going to send the horse to Western Australia to be trainned by Ross Olivieri.

nat
    Mango you must have psychic powers the only reason I raised the issue was he is nominated for the Inters and was still in Fitzpatrick's name as trainer just had a look awhile ago and he is in Ross Olivieri care as trainer now

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Sounds good Nat, I hope he races well. The French & Italians do race stallions while they are breeding mares.
    Shark Gesture, who else recently was doing this?

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    I have just seen this story on harnesslink about Lombo Pocket Watch so I decided to look up his lines to see what sort of a horse this fellow was. It took me quite a time to find the lines and to get some history and when I saw the lines I could hardly believe them. Just wins after wins after wins. That has to be some special horse. Why is he not breeding hundreds of mares? His record is one of the best you will see any where in the world and I would certainly breed to him if he was here in the US.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Thomas
    Yes Lombo Pocket Watch was a great race horse and he come's from a strong maternial line, i'm not to sure why he doesn't get many mare's it could be due to being by Jet Laag or it could be that he is not a U.S.A stallion. He served around 60 in his first year and got some good mare's mainly the owner/breeders mare's Mick Lombardo so hopefully for Mr Lombardo they go well. His oldest are yearlings and what i've seen they are nice types.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    Why would Jet Laag be a problem Mango as he was a great horse and is from the Abercrombie line. Although the sire line counts a bit some of our best ever stallions are by unpopular sires or should I say average sires. Here in the States the breeders do not worry too much about what the horse is by as much as how good was the horse on the track. For example Falcon Seelster is by Warm Breeze and Kadabra is by Primrose Lane, two great proven sires that are by what I would say as unpopular sires or unknown sires. If we are going to breed to a great athletic then we have a chance of breeding a great athletic. The greater the athletic the more chance of breeding something very special. And looking at Lombo Pocket Watch he has to be something very special.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Thomas
    I agree with you as i have a Falcon yearling colt on the ground and i have know problem with Jet Laag and as i said Lombo Pocket Watch has a strong maternial side but a lot of people i know and who have been in the game a long time prefer to go to your stallions and not one bred and raced out here for some reason or another. Where that is different in N.Z where the New Zealand bred stallions, Elsu has served big books from day one and Changover is fully booked this year. It might also have to do with Jet Laags not selling well at the yearling sale's and there fore people are not willing to take the punt. At a recent yearling sale there was approx 19 Pocket Watch's for sale and i think only 3 made over $10,000. I do believe they are nice types i've only seen 3 and they had some presence about them. I'm only speculating as to why people aren't going to him and hopefully someone will give us a bit more insight as to why they are not.

nat
    That about the gist of it Jet Laag and we don't seem to want to breed to our own I have nothing against Jet Laag he produces the winners still and LPW maternal side is a cut above I was at the Lombo sale they were all nice types even the non grey ones, I don't know why people wont breed to him he was a super star record breaker and was just nutted on the line in the early days of Menangal in 1:51, some of his losses he's been a victim of circumstances. If he was a US horse with what he has won and did in comparison he wouldn't even leave the US for stud duties

Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    You have got that right Nat. With that record "Lombo Pocket Watch" in the US would have been book full and closed as soon as he was announced as going to stand at stud. I think with his two year old record here in the States he would of commanded a huge fee. The more I look into this horse the more I like him as a potential sire. I wonder if he has any fertility problems?

+ Reply to Thread