Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zoom Zoom Zoom- Menangle today

triplev123

Zoom Zoom Zoom- Menangle today

Heavy rain followed up by some warm, dry weather and...
    3C0 pacers over the mile 1:56.2
    4yo+ non winners this season over the mile 1:57.7
    4yo+ non winners this season over the mile 1:57.4
    4yo+ non winners this season over the mile 1:55.0
    C1 over the mile 1:54.6 (incl. a 26.2 1st quarter)
    C5-7 over the mile 1:54.2 (incl. a 26.6 1st quarter)
    FFA over the mile 1:55.4
    C3-4 over 2300m 1:57.5
    Still a couple more races to come.

This Saturday night should see the better class horses posting some very quick times.

aussiebreno
    They were going slow until Irish Sailor stepped out! Great performance. Always thought he had potential and was disapointed in his first few runs when resuming around Dec2010-Jan2011. Hopefully he can back up this performance with a few more like it.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    They were going slow until Irish Sailor stepped out! Great performance. Always thought he had potential and was disapointed in his first few runs when resuming around Dec2010-Jan2011. Hopefully he can back up this performance with a few more like it.

[VVV] Tim Butt's horses seem to have been extremely disappointing thus far. Not so flash on MM night and River Field went pretty ordinary today too. What's going on there I wonder? Not used to the track or something? They're usually pretty hard to beat aren't they?

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Heavy rain followed up by some warm, dry weather and...
    3C0 pacers over the mile 1:56.2
    4yo+ non winners this season over the mile 1:57.7
    4yo+ non winners this season over the mile 1:57.4
    4yo+ non winners this season over the mile 1:55.0
    C1 over the mile 1:54.6 (incl. a 26.2 1st quarter)
    C5-7 over the mile 1:54.2 (incl. a 26.6 1st quarter)
    FFA over the mile 1:55.4
    C3-4 over 2300m 1:57.5
    Still a couple more races to come.

This Saturday night should see the better class horses posting some very quick times.
    At Bankstown?

triplev123
    Bugger...Truer Memorial...no Menangle.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] Tim Butt's horses seem to have been extremely disappointing thus far. Not so flash on MM night and River Field went pretty ordinary today too. What's going on there I wonder? Not used to the track or something? They're usually pretty hard to beat aren't they?
    Agree with you triple. Not only are Tim and Ant's horses going below par but so is Ant's. I notice he has been reprimanded a few times for his drives. I wouldn't think its the track as having been to Menangle a few times myself and watching every race they have there, I can say that the track is brilliant. I do think though that it's a track that not every horse is suited to in that the style of racing there is quite foreign for us kiwis. I must say that I love the racing there and the times that nice horses can run. It sorts the chaff from oats.
    Any kiwi trainers who think they can just go over there and simply set foot on the track and win are in for a shock.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Well judged drive on Irish Sailor. It's nice to see a driver taking a bit of initiative for a change and getting out and running quarters that most Menangle miles should be run at. Too many driver's are being over cautious. No need to go mad , but almost every race these days , they crawl for the second and often third quarters.

I have driven a lot of clever tactical races from my lounge-chair while watching Sky , so I am speaking as an expert here
    Last edited by David Summers; 11-30-2011 at 12:32 PM.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Agree with you triple. Not only are Tim and Ant's horses going below par but so is Ant's. I notice he has been reprimanded a few times for his drives. I wouldn't think its the track as having been to Menangle a few times myself and watching every race they have there, I can say that the track is brilliant. I do think though that it's a track that not every horse is suited to in that the style of racing there is quite foreign for us kiwis. I must say that I love the racing there and the times that nice horses can run. It sorts the chaff from oats.
    Any kiwi trainers who think they can just go over there and simply set foot on the track and win are in for a shock.
    [VVV] This is right where the Keyboard Warriors who want to aim up on Darren Hancock for Irish Sailor's effort yesterday need to take a few lessons Don C. You've hit a number of nails squarely on their heads in that piece above. Not every horse is suited to it and especially so to that pressure on all the way routine that we saw Darren uncork so effectively yesterday. He has done the exact same thing as that with Vegas Bound on a number of occasions & to similarly great effect. Nothing is stopping others from trying the same thing with their own horses. John McCarthy did it from the stand with Mach Wiper a couple of weeks back.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Jamie , a bit off topic , but I've been trying to rack my brain for the name of an occasional driver at Menangle I've seen a few times and been staggered at his tactics. No matter where he draws his quest is to always get to the front even if he is last away , four wide , and they are running 26.5 in the first quarter. His drives are usually under the whip at the half mile trying to stay in front.

Usually drives 100-1 pops and naturally he is usually 100 metres behind the second last horse in the finish , usually still applying the whip! I know we have mentioned him in passing before in the forums. His drives are hard to believe. What is his name and anyone know if he still holds a license?

triplev123
    I know of the fella you're thinking of David but can't remember his name.

+ Reply to Thread