Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sectional Time rules

Banned Weanling PD13 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Alex Taylor

Sectional Time rules

This rule about running slow sectionals and drivers being fined or suspended is totally ridiculous. There is a rule about not giving your horse every possible chance to win. If you're in front at Menangle and can get away with a quarter in 33+, good on you. You are giving your horse every hope of winning. The ones back in the field should be fined for not putting themselves into the race. You risk a chance of doing a bit more work than you wanted but better than having no hope unless you can run a 25 second quarter for the run home.

If a driver is say, .5 slower than the allowable rate, $200 comes out of his pocket. Get a stopwatch and click stop/start and you will realise how small a margin that is. Totally unfair to someone trying to win a race and do their best.
    Last edited by PD13; 11-30-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spell error

triplev123
    Couldn't agree more. It is absurd.
    It is not up to the leader to force the tempo if they do not wish to do so.
    It is up to those following to pull & go foward if they're not happy with it.

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. It is absurd.
    It is not up to the leader to force the tempo if they do not wish to do so.
    It is up to those following to pull & go foward if they're not happy with it.
    I agree with you with the responsibilty to force the pace lies with those other than the leader. What gets under my goat are those drivers that hammer out to lead in say 27 secs and then slam the brakes on in the second quarter and run 32 secs causing horses to be inconvenienced, only for them to be gone at the 400 and drop out causing inconvenience and finishing tailed off. Is it incompetence or some malevolent motive? Lets not get into discussing the other elephant in the room TEAM DRIVING

triplev123
    A leader sharply backing down the speed should be an offence, no doubt that it is one that's on the books...however I can't remember the last time anyone got spoken to/fined for doing so.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    "Team driving" - I thought that was illegal [sarcasm]

Banned Gelding Diesel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Stevens
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl New View Post
    I agree with you with the responsibilty to force the pace lies with those other than the leader. What gets under my goat are those drivers that hammer out to lead in say 27 secs and then slam the brakes on in the second quarter and run 32 secs causing horses to be inconvenienced, only for them to be gone at the 400 and drop out causing inconvenience and finishing tailed off. Is it incompetence or some malevolent motive? Lets not get into discussing the other elephant in the room TEAM DRIVING
    Your right Daryl but instead of fining a driver $100 or $200 for slamming on the brakes they should be charged with interference if other runners are inconvenienced. Not everyone does it but there are a few repeat offenders.
    And Team Driving.......that is alive and well at Menangle.

Flashing Red
    I think any race run slower than 1:58 at Menangle should have every driver in the race fined... lol!

Really, in all honestly... no quarter should be slower than :30 there, winning the race or not. If you want to go slower, put your horse in a trial.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    "Team driving" - I thought that was illegal [sarcasm]
    Must be ok.. It's been going on for ages in Qld

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Really ? .............. I did not realise that sort of thing ever went on anywhere [total unbridled sarcasm].

In all seriousness , is this ever going to be addressed ? It has become so blatant that it is almost laughable.

A tip
    : Never bet on a race where a stable has more than one starter...... just in case

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    I think any race run slower than 1:58 at Menangle should have every driver in the race fined... lol!

Really, in all honestly... no quarter should be slower than :30 there, winning the race or not. If you want to go slower, put your horse in a trial.
    Trouble is the trials go quicker than the races most of the time

+ Reply to Thread