Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tasmanian Pacing Championship

aussiebreno

Tasmanian Pacing Championship

A grand circuit event for $100,000 but now reduced to $40,000.
    Why?

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    With all the expense of getting horses to and from Tassie with this drastically reduced prizemoney it really seems a pointless exercise making the effort. Obviously the Harness industry down there is in some sort of financial meltdown with this 60% reduction in their biggest harness event.

You would be able to win a couple of ordinary Menangle races and collect the same prizemoney from January. It's sad , that some states are doing OK and others are really struggling. I don't know what the answer is for S.A. and Tassie but hope someone comes up with some sort of solution soon before harness racing dies altogether in these states. I just don't know how industry participants are able to survive in these two states with such paulty prizemoney.

BTW, not trying to "knock" either state and trust that things will start to look up , but looks a bit bleak right now.

Banned Weanling PD13 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Alex Taylor
    It will become a well paid FFA for those down there. If it's not $100k minimum, it isn't a Group 1.

triplev123
    I understand that Racing Tasmania had invested heavily, as in they were the major shareholder, in a Corporate Bookie that recently went belly up. Big shit fight on the cards as apparently the Corporate was technically insolvent for close on 2 years but they kept on trading. No names, no packdrill, can't remember the exacts...but I heard it on Radio National the other day when I was driving home and couldn't get any other station on the car radio.
    Maybe that might have something to do with the prizemoney drop?
    Last edited by triplev123; 11-30-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    True Jamie but also wasting money in continually growing administration costs also has an incredible effect on those of us in states that don't have the luxury of a Harold Park to sell.
    In many states participants are less yet administration grows.Very frustrating!

Sorry,this is a bugbear of mine.

triplev123
    Couldn't agree more Rosario. Madness, absolute madness. I hope they get it sorted out. I'm very fond of Tasmania.

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Me too mate,love Tassie

Ps sorry about the spelling Jaimie

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Couldn't agree more Rosario. Madness, absolute madness. I hope they get it sorted out. I'm very fond of Tasmania.
    Hope the meeting is still on,we are booked to go!

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Perhaps this story will add the facts you cannot recall

http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/apps...126B95GT4M14NC

Sports Alive ! Tote Tasmania had invested 5 million !
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

triplev123
    Tote Tasmania indeed. Not Racing Tasmania. Thanks for the link Phil. Most appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread