Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Popular Alm FFA at Melton tonight

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Tactical driving at it's very best! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Wait a minute Flashing red , didn't you say a couple of threads ago. it's not about entertainment, sounds like your having a bit each way now, yeehaa indeed .
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Maybe you should take note a little more about what I am saying, I like true run races because I feel they are fairer overall. I like my trials to be run at trial speed to ease a horse into races and races to be run faster than trials, as it should be. Has nothing to do with entertainment.
    Read what I have written. I was talking about race times vs fairness. That is completely different from comentating on a race spectator wise. Races with a lot of moves are more exciting for me, personally, to watch - whether they are slow run or world record time... I was talking about two different things.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Read what I have written. I was talking about race times vs fairness. That is completely different from comentating on a race spectator wise. Races with a lot of moves are more exciting for me, personally, to watch - whether they are slow run or world record time... I was talking about two different things.
    Flashing Red You keep saying read what you have written ,but you keep contradicting youself in one thread you admonish me when I said a race was exciting when it was a slow 1st half next thing your YEEHAAA a race that was run the way you like it, wasn't that what I was doing when you bellowed " Its not about entertainment " talk about a HYPOCRITE. You keep banging on about how a true run race is fairer would you care to enlighten us on what you base this opinion on,

Is it fair on the leader or death seat horse's to do all the work for some weak little sit sprinter to have the last shot at them
    is it fair on the the owner that is forking out to feed these horses so they can be cannon fodder for others, surely they are entitled to prize money as well.
    Is it fair on the one paced horse that draws the back row and needs a 32's quarter to get around to the breeze.
    Surely your not implying that is fairer for the punter because you don't know which horse the punter has backed , he might be on the one up front doing the walking so he's happy.
    You are crying over the race were Amy Tubbs walked them and got home, well done to her ,she got the cash , but nooooo you think she should have ran a half in 1 min or better and hand the race to I.T.M.Q. OH that's FAIR .
    Do you know when it's fair, when all the horses are behind the gate and then it's up to horse and driver to decide the the race . The best horse may not always win "that would be great wouldn't it" that's why it's called a race . So please Flashing tell us all what YOUR idea of FAIR is.

Just as a side to Gregs story about a judge over turning a slow section fine or suspension , I once told a former Chief Steward off the record that if I ever copped a fine for slow section's I would fight it in court as I didn't believe there would be a judge in the country that would not throw such a stupid rule out. I told him that purely on the rule forbidding time pieces being banned and then them fining you for not adhering to certain time's would be enough without the fact there was another 9 drivers in the race allowing you to do same , His comment was I would not have a hope of winning such a case . Well guess what 3 weeks later I run the 1st half in 66 AND NOT A WORD WAS SAID TO ME . Maybe this ex stipe knew of the case at the Medowlands or maybe he just didn't want to see what would happen.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Surely you don't mean that.
    Yep sure do Brendan slow lead then a sprint up the straight the horses back in the field were never going to catch the winner with slow sectional's
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Flashing Red You keep saying read what you have written ,but you keep contradicting youself in one thread you admonish me when I said a race was exciting when it was a slow 1st half next thing your YEEHAAA a race that was run the way you like it, wasn't that what I was doing when you bellowed " Its not about entertainment " talk about a HYPOCRITE. You keep banging on about how a true run race is fairer would you care to enlighten us on what you base this opinion on,

Is it fair on the leader or death seat horse's to do all the work for some weak little sit sprinter to have the last shot at them
    is it fair on the the owner that is forking out to feed these horses so they can be cannon fodder for others, surely they are entitled to prize money as well.
    Is it fair on the one paced horse that draws the back row and needs a 32's quarter to get around to the breeze.
    Surely your not implying that is fairer for the punter because you don't know which horse the punter has backed , he might be on the one up front doing the walking so he's happy.
    You are crying over the race were Amy Tubbs walked them and got home, well done to her ,she got the cash , but nooooo you think she should have ran a half in 1 min or better and hand the race to I.T.M.Q. OH that's FAIR .
    Do you know when it's fair, when all the horses are behind the gate and then it's up to horse and driver to decide the the race . The best horse may not always win "that would be great wouldn't it" that's why it's called a race . So please Flashing tell us all what YOUR idea of FAIR is.

Just as a side to Gregs story about a judge over turning a slow section fine or suspension , I once told a former Chief Steward off the record that if I ever copped a fine for slow section's I would fight it in court as I didn't believe there would be a judge in the country that would not throw such a stupid rule out. I told him that purely on the rule forbidding time pieces being banned and then them fining you for not adhering to certain time's would be enough without the fact there was another 9 drivers in the race allowing you to do same , His comment was I would not have a hope of winning such a case . Well guess what 3 weeks later I run the 1st half in 66 AND NOT A WORD WAS SAID TO ME . Maybe this ex stipe knew of the case at the Medowlands or maybe he just didn't want to see what would happen.
    No one in the past 12 months has had any trouble comprehending me or thought that my posts were contradictory until you came here, just dwell on that for a couple of minutes if you can. Quite humorous that you are also now putting words into my mouth re Amy Tubbs drive which I have actually not comentated on. So since I have already clarified myself on a number of instances and you have nothing new to say, I actually have nothing else to contribute to this discussion. I will always agree to disagree, but I take exception to you calling me a hypocrit

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Yep sure do Brendan slow lead then a sprint up the straight the horses back in the field were never going to catch the winner with slow sectional's
    I get that it wasn't the most entertaining race but to say you'd rather watch paint dry than a Group 3 is quite bizarre for someone with 349 posts on this forum. It's like that kid in each neighbourhood who took his bat and ball and left.*

*That kid in my neighbourhood could have been me. Cricket just wasn't my game!

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    I know it must be a shock to have someone query your post, but you still didn't explain how you equate True run races to FAIRNESS. I Was waiting with great expectation but your wisdom was not forth coming.

Once a again you seem to contradict yourself when you say you think races should be run at a true pace, and then claim races with a lot of moves are more exciting for you to watch,The normal pattern is In a fast run race there are virtually no moves ,they stay in the running line until the quarter, were as in a slow run affair there are moves galore. Make up your mind.

triplev123
    Don't start him on 2yo racing Tahn.
    It'll be like tossing Handsome Pete a quarter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5swu54aPs
    Last edited by triplev123; 12-05-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Hi Greg I must have been watching a different race to you. The race I watched the second horse" who got beat a lip: came from last ,and it is generally excepted that had N Jack went a little earlier I.T.M.Q wins.. also I don't know if you realised that there was only 10 meters between 1st and last , which would indicate that every horse had their chance

Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Don't start him on 2yo racing Tahn.
    It'll be like tossing Hamdsome Pete a quarter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5swu54aPs
    Oh it's so good to hear from you Jamie , when you hadn't posted for 3 minutes or so I thought something awful must have happened to you , I quickly ruled out that you had fallen out of a gig because As I said before I doubt you have ever sat in one.

Eagerly await your next awe inspiring post zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

+ Reply to Thread