Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Straight from the US

aussiebreno

triplev123
    So evil a substance is it that would you believe it's the active ingredient in Vicks Sinex.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    So evil a substance is it that would you believe it's the active ingredient in Vicks Sinex.

I'm gonna start sniffing Vicks Sinex then. if you look at the results of the horses that went positive ,( most either won or placed,) it might give this poor old man a new lease on life

triplev123
    Years ago a mate of mine regularly used to whack a finger scoop or two of Vicks VapoRub up the horse's nose before it went out onto the track. It has nothing in it save Camphor, Methol & Eucalyptol, none of which are illegal or that swab...at least not as far as I am aware, but I understand you can't use it anymore, regardless. Seems strange.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Years ago a mate of mine regularly used to whack a finger scoop or two of Vicks VapoRub up the horse's nose before it went out onto the track. It has nothing in it save Camphor, Methol & Eucalyptol, none of which are illegal or that swab...at least not as far as I am aware, but I understand you can't use it anymore, regardless. Seems strange.
    Believe or not
    But 20yrs ago when i was training greyhounds the easyiest way to pull a dishlicker up was to whack a dob of vicks up their nose before you put them in the box, the dog's hated the stuff and wouldn't go a yard

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Believe or not
    But 20yrs ago when i was training greyhounds the easyiest way to pull a dishlicker up was to whack a dob of vicks up their nose before you put them in the box, the dog's hated the stuff and wouldn't go a yard
    Funny you mention that. Only watching Better Homes and Gardens an hour ago and this dog kept biting his owners fishing rod when he was pulling a fish back in. Doctor Harry promptly put some vicks on the rod and the dog stayed away!

Flashing Red
    Some big names there....

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Talk about stranger but true...
    http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=94345

triplev123
    Yes & no. It's an 'osmotic' diuretic...a relatively mild one too, but that's what it's used for. Helps make you pee. Usually given in conjunction with stronger/different such drugs such as Lasix & similar.
    Maybe Warney's Mum has struck again?

+ Reply to Thread