Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Australia

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I don't know the horse's racing pattern as I cannot claim to keep abreast of WA but I thought the fav has often been forced to death seat, if so why didn't Aldo want to lead - SOS was always going to hand up after that early burn
    They used to give a magnum of champagne for the drive of the night. For Aldo Cortapassi, a stale bottle of a substance in a beer bottle, preferably filled from under an old garbardine overcoat for authenticity, would be an appropriate award for one of the worst drives ever.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    They used to give a magnum of champagne for the drive of the night. For Aldo Cortapassi, a stale bottle of a substance in a beer bottle, preferably filled from under an old garbardine overcoat for authenticity, would be an appropriate award for one of the worst drives ever.
    Here here. Pathetic drive!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Having the greyhounds Sandgroper and trots Nullarbor on the same night seemed a little strange to me

Interesting that Sportsbet took a slot in today's Quokka and the Sandgroper but NOT in the Nullarbor
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I didn't think much of the callers post finish rehearsed 'chandeliers and specks of gold' spiel - it sounded too scripted

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#GPM14042305
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Absolutely, Cortapassi had every chance to get out before Lavra Joe boxed him in. In saying that the locals were outclassed in every department firstly by a pair of young gun drivers with vastly superior horses. They are reporting this one million dollar race is going to be a permanent feature I hope not because the locals don't deserve it although, on last night's performances, they will be fighting for the lower end of the prize money if they are lucky.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is amazing when you realize that Betterzippit had only ever won a $50k race before last night's $1M race
    The biggest race he had run in was the Schweppes Sprint ($100k) where he ran 9th behind SOS
    To compare last nights two slot races. Betterzippit was in a 2700m race v Copy That on October 28. Copy That was giving him 60m start
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-15-2023 at 02:29 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    It is amazing when you realize that Betterzippit had only ever won a $50k race before last night's $1M race
    The biggest race he had run in was the Schweppes Sprint ($100k) where he ran 9th behind SOS
    To compare last nights two slot races. Betterzippit was in a 2700m race v Copy That on October 28. Copy That was giving him 60m start
    I was looking at the prizemoney earnt of the field during the week. A lot had won a big race like a WA Derby and WA/Freo Cup so were >$300K whereas Zippit was $128K. $76K of that in past 6 starts.

The owner has put a lot of money into harness racing over past few years so hopefully that continues and the money gets circulated within the industry.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking at the race again and reading the Stewards Report it simply has to be one of the Worst big race drives of all time. He said,

"he believed his best option was to shift wider in the back straight as he anticipated being able to get clear,"

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=GP140423

He must be prone to living in fantasy land - oh yeah leave it until the back straight as that will give me the easiest run.
    It was a $Million race and he showed ZERO INITIATIVE
    It is so bad it is almost suspicious

The pace was not really on early and he says he wanted to lead - that is when he had to do something

per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Looking at the race again and reading the Stewards Report it simply has to be one of the Worst big race drives of all time. He said,

"he believed his best option was to shift wider in the back straight as he anticipated being able to get clear,"

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=GP140423

He must be prone to living in fantasy land - oh yeah leave it until the back straight as that will give me the easiest run.
    It was a $Million race and he showed ZERO INITIATIVE
    It is so bad it is almost suspicious

The pace was not really on early and he says he wanted to lead - that is when he had to do something

He should have kept shifting wider down the back straight. Into the Swan River with all the punters' hopes.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Congratulations to Katie (KTQ) as her family/Dad won the $50k Diamond Classic at GP tonight with 3yo filly Brulee = Vincent x Russian Rocket
    I hope you got some of that $17 Katie

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#GPM19052303
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread