Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Australia

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Stewards have adjourned an inquiry into the first three horses in the cup will be interesting to find out what that's all about.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Alta Christiano had four winners at GP last night. What a champ with his Christian Cullen bloodlines he would have had a huge impact at stud for many years.

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    So Wildwest is heading for Sydney I've always thought the horse would go over there. Probably to be trained by B McCarthy. I think he will really show his potential at Menangle.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Alta Christiano had four winners at GP last night. What a champ with his Christian Cullen bloodlines he would have had a huge impact at stud for many years.
    He is sadly missed Rod
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Slow tempo not as much sprint in the old boys legs its either go death on a slow speed or have to sit 3 wide the last lap giving Minstrel cover. I think Hall did the right thing.

Bull was fantastic but given the slow early speed I think Magnificent Storm to come from near last and 3-4-5 wide was the run of the race. To run past Freo Cup quinella in Minstrel and Patronus Star shows how massive it was. Given dist covered he would have gone close to 54 his actual last 800m covered of 2950m. Quinny probably the only horse who could have ever won from there.
    Having watched it properly now, I would still rate the Bulls run the best, followed by Minstrel and Magnificent Storm.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Bull and Storm differing runs so hard to compare but Storm and Minstrel both had to go 3 wide, Storm then 4 and 5 wide from 2 lengths further back and ran past him.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yeah but Minstrel had no cover for a fair time, it's a coin toss
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You can see the raised arm of celebration of Emily Suvaljko (no.1) going the early crow in the WA Pacing Cup some distance from the line. Costly?
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    You can see the raised arm of celebration of Emily Suvaljko (no.1) going the early crow in the WA Pacing Cup some distance from the line. Costly?
    21 day suspension costly.
    I am not a fan of celebrating over the line personally and this is but one example why

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP along with myself thought WA harness racing was one of the healthiest states but this is not so according to him this morning
    I have done a little research and suspect he may be right which I will put in my next post as I cannot put 2 pics in one post

We all know that the punting trend has seen the dogs pass us and PP's pie graph suggests that their wagering turnover is double ours in WA
    So for us to receive more funding than them means we are being massively subsidized - something that the dogs are not going to allow forever
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread