Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Value Stallion

Member Yearling Jimmy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma

Cool Best Value Stallion

Who would be the best value stallion under $5k in Aus and NZ at the moment?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    of the proven stallions Id say Live or Die, Badlands Hanover, Village Jasper, Armbro Operative

If I had to choose one, I'd go Live or Die

nat
    I like Viiage Jasper as a tried and tested, there's just so many well credentialled stallions around but if you were going to take a punt on a fresh new stallion where would you start just look at Empire stallions along with Shadow Play(very nice looking horse), Million dollar Cam,Sportswriter even Changeover the list goes on. If your after a trotter gee's I think get onboard Skyvalley seen him at the open day nice racey looking horse he ran off with his halter and lead rope in his paddock when they were putting him away he was going that quick it was hard to beleive he was trotting boy he can move.

Member Yearling Jimmy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma
    SkyValley, what a horse he was, i believe he will be justs as good in the breeding barn as well ! Village Jasper just gets winners every season and is great value.
    Nat you have mentioned Shadow Play, he is a great looking horse, little brown jug winner and US Pacing Championship winner as well, he did have a few problems with his feet, but was a super race horse!
    If i was looking for one out of the proven sires i would be leaning towards Village Jasper as well.
    Would Gotta Go Cullect be value ?

nat
    Jimmy I bred one of my mares to Gotta Go Cullect (due soon) I like the CC stallions around at the moment Gotta Go Cullen and Ohoka Arizona are a little closely bred to my Seelster mare and I would had bred to Pay Me Christian first but hes only avalible on farm in NZ (theres untapped potential). Shadow Play seen him up at Alabar a striking individual. I hope people get onboard Skyvalley he's as good as anything thats sent down under and we have seen him race
    Last edited by nat; 10-21-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Member Yearling Shannon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Shannon Lee
    Best value, Flashing Red. Free

Junior Member Yearling Southern Man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Sky Valley value for money. You have to be joking. How can he be value at $3500A when the best trotting stallion Australasia has ever seen in Sundon is $3750NZ. An unproven horse against the leading sire of trotters. Qualifies Sky Valley as the worst value for money in this years market

nat
    Hi Southern Man the point I am making and its not realy a point its a fact try breed to any trotter with a good record and whos blood is up on the edge in this part of the world and see how much it would cost you. Dont get me wrong Sundon has changed trotting in this part of the word for the good but how old is 26-7 it time to look to the forward

Junior Member Yearling Southern Man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    True value for Sky Valley would be more like $1500 not $3500. Two goes at the Interdominions for a third and a sixth and never raced in NZ. It will be very interesting to see how many NZ based mares he serves this year that are not owned by Nevele R.

nat
    I would say the same thing for 90% of stallions going around this year they are all overpriced thats why nearly all the stud have call and make a deal hung out the front its a bit like breeding a Thoroughbred this year make a call and barter, By the way what would be a good price for Crazed, CR Commando, Muscles Yankee, Muscle Hill, Dream Vacation, Revenue, Southwind Vernon, Pegasus Spur, The Pres, Federal Flex, Majestic Son are all these horses worth the tag on the gate, no not really the way I equate Southern Hemisphere horses to North American is drop 4 second of their times and min. tripple their prize money where dose that put Skyvalley compaired to those above and he's the cheapist horse mentioned. Sometimes it take a good studs mares to kickstart a stallion career look at the US studs how many outside mares will Aukland Reacotor get without his owners support.

+ Reply to Thread