Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New South Wales

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Congratulation to Anne and Lauriston for breeding another Oaks winner
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Thanks Kevin. This one is very special ; a grand daughter of my all time favourite Top Tempo. TT was a hard knocking mare who was as tough as they come. Unfortunately love or money couldn’t save her, she had a tumour and we lost her 18 months ago. She has created a dynasty of female Group1 winners Musical Delight , Queen Of Pop, Speak No Evil (3) ,Just Hope (2) we own all her fillies except one. Dam of 10 foals ; the last one a 2 year old filly ready to trial and a surviving twin filly who was never a racing proposition and is in foal to Poster Boy.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Top Tempo was certainly an astute broodmare purchase by you.

Here is TT's dynasty folks (open up those + boxes to see more)

https://classicfamilies.azurewebsite...rseID=10028349

I am thinking the filly you did not keep is Musical Delight's full sis Classical Music - she may well add to the dynasty when she goes to the barn
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    We sold Classical Music about 9 months ago after receiving an approach via an agent as we have Musical Delight and her daughter Beach Music. Classical Music should do a good job at stud. She has been retired from racing but I’m not sure what stallion she was bred to.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    5yo Fire Fox (Sweet Lou) came across from NZ to join the Grimson stable less than a month ago. He had had 26 starts in NZ mostly on Metro tracks for a record of 4 wins and 9 seconds
    His best winning time was 1.56.6 and he had not shown any signs of being able to run much quicker of late although 16mths ago he had been beaten not much more than a length in 1.55.6 over 2600m

Last night he won by 22m at Menangle in 1.49.6

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...22#PCM19032204
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    5yo Fire Fox (Sweet Lou) came across from NZ to join the Grimson stable less than a month ago. He had had 26 starts in NZ mostly on Metro tracks for a record of 4 wins and 9 seconds
    His best winning time was 1.56.6 and he had not shown any signs of being able to run much quicker of late although 16mths ago he had been beaten not much more than a length in 1.55.6 over 2600m

Last night he won by 22m at Menangle in 1.49.6

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...22#PCM19032204
    A horse that has won its last two on grass and struggled everywhere else in its last ten starts and comes out and bolts in running 1:49.6! And all of this just 25 days after hopping on the plane from NZ. This is the type of bedtime story you'd tell a horse mad little kid.

Two races earlier Stingray Tara starts favourite and wins easily, just 22 clear days after finishing ninth at Ballarat starting at $71. Another bedtime story with a happy ending!

And, just to be nice, the NSW stewards didn't bother to ask trainer Jason Grimson to explain how he achieved such vast form improvements after just three weeks in his care. Obviously, the stewards believe he is just a great trainer whereas Kevin Townley and Geoffrey Webster are struggling novices.

We are being taken for mugs.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I thought I heard that the Bathurst finals draws were to be conducted and streamed tonight but be blowed if I can find anything
    If I am correct, it should be something I could not miss if promoted correctly
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    It was on their facebook. Draws are posted on there now.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Brenno. Not exactly widespread promotion, I actually looked there (but not hard enough) and saw the first story was a January story, which has somehow topped the draws
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Thanks Brenno. Not exactly widespread promotion, I actually looked there (but not hard enough) and saw the first story was a January story, which has somehow topped the draws
    Its a 'pinned' post. Stuff goes missing after time but because its pinned anyone who visits the facebook site gets to see that video promo.

Targetting a different generation I think Kev!

+ Reply to Thread