Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B Grade Trainers Licence

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

B Grade Trainers Licence

This rule needs cleaning up as the emboldened part would seem to be making it somewhat farcical

Grade B, is licensed to train a horse which the person owns or partly owns or which is owned by the person’s spouse, other domestic partner, parent, sibling or child, or any horse approved by the Controlling Body upon the written application of the person

A case in point is Lochinvar Art - is B grader Kasey Kent partner of David Moran really training the champ or is it him? She does not own LA so as a B grader she has to have been given permission
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    This rule needs cleaning up as the emboldened part would seem to be making it somewhat farcical

Grade B, is licensed to train a horse which the person owns or partly owns or which is owned by the person’s spouse, other domestic partner, parent, sibling or child, or any horse approved by the Controlling Body upon the written application of the person

A case in point is Lochinvar Art - is B grader Kasey Kent partner of David Moran really training the champ or is it him? She does not own LA so as a B grader she has to have been given permission
    That transfer happened before the new rule

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What do you mean Brendan, was the emboldened part just added to the rule?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    It's not a new rule, B Grade trainers conditions have not changed since I got my licence 44 years ago. It's rubbish that the horse can be transferred in such a way. My thinking is it has been done, smartly, to circumvent the ruling that horses trained by disqualified trainers cannot be trained from the same stables by partners, mucker outerers and the like.

Of course, Lochnvar Art is not presently in work. Moran has had charges pending for a long time now and is facing a stint out of the business. Will Lochinvar Art actually appear on Kasey Kent's stable return? If the answer is yes, HRV needs to take action. Until then it is just hypothetical but early indications suggest HRV is prepared to ignore its own rules and treat the public as fools.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So Trev are you saying the emboldened part of my rule quotation is new?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    So Trev are you saying the emboldened part of my rule quotation is new?
    Ah. Not something I am familiar with, missed that while I was rocking back and forth on the train. It reads to me like the cop-out clause, included to make some trainers more equal than others. In George Orwell's terminology. It is a level playing field depending on how far you can twilit your own way!

aussiebreno
    What do you mean Brendan, was the emboldened part just added to the rule?
    Oops skimmed over that too quickly and didnt read it properly. HRV recently put out a horse transfer of trainers policy and me seeing Lochinvar Art and Kasey Kent assumed thats what you were talking about without reading the rule in your post properly.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No worries Brendan, I have been guilty of skimming mistakes on here, 10 times more often than anybody else
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From the Chairman

The HRV Licensing Policy has permitted a Grade B trainer to train three “outside” horses (not owned by them or a family member) since at least 2011.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread