Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    On first viewing, Merlin's 3rd looked ordinary but the 2600m became a 400m race - it is hard to make ground when they come home in 26.3 Now posted as 26.1
    Click on the Race History link under the race name on the fields page and you will see that this race has a helluva honour list

https://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/datahrs...jor_race60.htm

PP will be asking how Grimson improved Cya Art out of sight in so little time
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-14-2023 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Last Quarter
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    HRNZ Results make you appreciate our service. Always slow, they really should throw out the typewriter and get a computer. R3 run well over an hour ago and no sign of results (the norm)
    The reason why I want the HRNZ results (obviously you can get TAB results etc) is for things like Quarter splits and complete finishing order - things that many want when they are reviewing a race more or less immediately after it is run
    It may be that HRNZ do not put the result up until they have the video replay ready to go
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It would be good to see Millwood Nike over here. 16 from 16 and 3 wide or wider the whole way today
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    HRNZ records show Cya Art was transferred to Grimson on 8 November, just 6 days ago. I would think plenty of people, not just PP, SHOULD be asking questions.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    What we have learnt already:

1. People were taking pot-shots at Don't Stop Dreaming and Milwood Nike after their "poor" performances at the trials last week. Perhaps some people don't understand what trial is, or the meaning of the word. Mark Purdon knows it.
    2. Millwood Nike is a champion. That is a word I rarely utter.
    3. Don't Stop Dreaming may have just proved he is superior to Merlin. The 10 length margin is hard to argue against.
    4. NZ Trotting Cup is THE premier day in Australasia and is NZ's biggest meeting of all codes.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    HRNZ records show Cya Art was transferred to Grimson on 8 November, just 6 days ago. I would think plenty of people, not just PP, SHOULD be asking questions.
    No notifiable gear changes either
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How good was Chase A Dream's finish in the 2yo
    Addington is such a fair track, I love attending small tracks but the extra distance makes the racing so much fairer
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Home in 29.4 and 28.5, after briefly dropping onto Swayzee's back, I expected Akuta to finish over him. 400m out, I thought Swayzee was going to drop out
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    It’s difficult to know how to respond, and I backed Swayzee. The most aggressive drive won the race, Swayzee was attacking almost immediately.

One thing though, how is that a standing start. They seemed to miss the standing bit.

Didn’t think Millwood Nike could win, in the run. You don’t see that too often/ever.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think it is quite a good way to start them but it should be called a walk up start.
    If 'walk up starts' became the accepted, I'm not sure how you would manage it (have room to walk up) if you had horses off 10m, 20m, 30m too. I don't watch much NZ racing - maybe they do
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread