Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Racing

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Copy That has been scratched from the NZ Cup.

My best sources in NZ are suggesting he has a fractured knee but the seriousness of the injury is yet to be determined.

Akuta, super impressive when second first up in last Friday's Canterbury Classic, is now favourite from Self Assured who was also first up.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown

No sugar-coating Copy That's woes

Reading Barry Lichter and Ray Green's take on the NZ champ's injury suggest, although they stop short of saying so, Copy That's racing days are over.

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stori...ll-be-crucial/

My Kiwi sources were correct, fractures in the knee. I've been involved with a few horses with similar injuries, a couple that made it back to the track but unsuccessfully.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Some run by all 3 place-getters in the 3yo Flying tonight
    Zac Butcher thought Merlin was dodgem car

Chase A Dream was some 2nd in the 2yo Million for C&Gs. 3 wide or worse the whole way - while the winner never off the pegs, the difference in distance travelled would be phenomenal

https://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/datahrs...TU5MS42MC4wLjA.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Yep, one of the greatest nights of racing you would ever wish to see. Get on the HRNZ website to watch all the replays.

Akuta was also terrific in winning. He is now the equal or better than any open class horse in Australasia in my opinion.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Zac Butcher got 3 days (a week) after pleading guilty to careless driving on Merlin

https://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/datahrs...TA1OC42MC4wLjA.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Cup Day tomorrow
    Is there any better way of watching than Sky?

https://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/datahrs...906-race-11-dl
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    For all its faults Sky Racing 1 has given very good coverage of NZ Trotting Cup Day. Hopefully, they continue to do so.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We have a good race at 11.56am AEDST and the first of the big ones at 1.02pm AEDST
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    People dressed up at the trots - Wondrous

I'm thinking I had better start a bucket list
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    HRNZ Results make you appreciate our service. Always slow, they really should throw out the typewriter and get a computer. R3 run well over an hour ago and no sign of results (the norm)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread