Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bendigo to host Vic Cup, Derby, Oaks !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ladies In Red was brilliant, the 10 draw did not work out that bad as she land 1x 2 before taking the death
    They are talking about whether she would even have been competitive in tonight's Vic Cup
    (If Act Now drew front - he definitely would be)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Nathan Purdon sounds identical to dad Mark LOL
    (scary - once again TrotsVision on the same page)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Great run by Max. Good draw, good drive, great training effort (missing a week was definitely no disadvantage)
    He loved the pace - less than a second off the Tk Rec
    Maybe we sold Max short - winner of 20 races and nearly $500k
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A super finish to the Bill Collins!

A Tk Rec and had to be on the pace again (understandably for 1650m)

It doesn't seem right that it is only a $50k Gp1 - the gallops race for that midweek, our stables deserve greater reward for their effort
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Gareth Halls interview of Matty Craven compared to JB's lack of subtlety confirms who I would choose for host
    Maybe we need a third host rotating onto the desk - my god we hear so much of Bon by the end of these nights
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I rarely watch Trots Vision but did for the big races tonight. I concur Kev, Gareth Hall conducts himself professionally whereas Mr Bonnington strikes me as too matey. We need to raise the image of the business and the host comes across like a bit of a bogan.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just the same it was a great night of harness
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    We're in trouble if the best alternative is a bloke who cat even get the name of the Vic Cup winner right. Went with Malcolms Delight 3 times...

Disagree a bit but all in all in all dont think Bonno does too bad. Everybody will have their downfalls.

aussiebreno
    Ladies Im Red does as expected. Just far too good for them

Act Now fantastic. Bondi Lockdown would be good to see drawn well in a big one

Pink Galahs showed how dangerous she can be with the right run

King of Swings run just about his most impressive over the last few yrs I thought the way he had to do it hard in quick time. Showed the difference between Grand Circuit star and grand circuit contender with Amazing Dream. The first two did well to run him down but had the luxury of nice runs.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Its not necessarily a 50/50 of being dudded by RBD. You can draw 6 or 10 but if you main danger draws bad its not end of the world. Once Seed 1 wins heat and picks gate 1 every other horse has been 100% dudded by your system. Every other horse is totally out of the game once the top 3yo wins his heat and draws 1. That is not what racing is about.

I can handle being dudded by RBD in heat. I can't handle by that being dudded in the heat can in turn have severe repercussions.

Your system has so many negative consequences. Purely because Blitzern drew two he just beat American Dealer and Bondi Lockdown (who copped some whitewash after a horse broke). That opens door for Major Moth to draw good and also only have the lower rated Blitzern draw good alongside him. How is that fair to American Dealer and Bondi Lockdown? RBD is not perfect but it sure beats a system so easily open to throwing up unfair results. Its like how the more the AFL tinker with the rules the more unintended consequences there are.
    BUMP

Hey Brenno, I was reminded of this discussion when I read about New formula used for Meadowlands Pace final post position draw

https://ustrottingnews.com/new-formu...position-draw/

It is an attempt to make the heats more competitive without necessarily making the winners morals in the final
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread