Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Punt

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...vicbred-final/

What is with there being so many $900 bets on this list?
    Is it a limit that the TAB have imposed on some punter?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I would be amazed if trots races hold anywhere near the pacing races
    And yet our industry that relies on the punting dollar is tying half its future to trotters
    I am not really a punter and have not had a bet yet tonight but it has confirmed my belief in not betting on trotters

A punter could easily have backed Paris Jamilla, Hide And Seek and Courmayeur in the first 3 races tonight and NOT got a run for their money
    The powers that be must see this as a problem/bad look
    And spare a thought for Stingofawasp connections who did not get a run through no fault of their own.
    If Courmayeur gallops in the score up - we have a false start
    Gallops at release point - tough luck for the horse trailing
    Maybe we need to consider rethinking when a horse can be declared a non-runner
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    And yet our industry that relies on the punting dollar is tying half its future to trotters
    I am not really a punter and have not had a bet yet tonight but it has confirmed my belief in not betting on trotters

A punter could easily have backed Paris Jamilla, Hide And Seek and Courmayeur in the first 3 races tonight and NOT got a run for their money
    The powers that be must see this as a problem/bad look
    And spare a thought for Stingofawasp connections who did not get a run through no fault of their own.
    If Courmayeur gallops in the score up - we have a false start
    Gallops at release point - tough luck for the horse trailing
    Maybe we need to consider rethinking when a horse can be declared a non-runner
    Not only less money on the races itself, but then hinders the pacing ability to get turnover because the mugs cant differentiate between trotting and pacing. Get rid of them. Broken Hill today whet my appetite more.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Even though 7 of 12 favourites got up, it was a tough night at the office for the experts

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ave-their-say/

JB easily the best - only losing $5
    Brittany and Dan got back nothing
    Shannon got back $69 so only lost $131
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Even though 7 of 12 favourites got up, it was a tough night at the office for the experts

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ave-their-say/

JB easily the best - only losing $5
    Brittany and Dan got back nothing
    Shannon got back $69 so only lost $131
    They can't wait to air their selections mug punters might listen the more informed give them a miss. This applies to all forms of racing.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Revelstoke won her heat at $1.33 then wins the Final at $7 ($8.60 tote) - in hindsight it looks a bit silly
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    About 4hrs ago PP wrote that Leap To Fame is a scratching from the Chariots
    And that if you fancy Catch A Wave you should get on as he won't be $14 but rather $4
    PP also thinks there could be a problem with Captain Ravishing (odds on fav) and says Akuta is not coming

I have been watching the TAB market and LTF is still in at $4 and Catch A Wave has shortened a little to $12

Just reporting this in the event that anybody is keen on the Wave - we will wait and see if PP's info is right
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    None of the All Stars horses are coming to Australia, as previously reported. So, no Akuta.

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Catch A Wave is double nominated this week; a 20K race at Ballarat and The Mercury heats at Melton on Friday night. It will be interesting to see where he goes. Hurricane Harley is also amongst the nominations for the Mercury. Looking forward to seeing him back on the track.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    [/B]
    I wonder whether there really is a belief that the trotter is good for our turnover
    Have a look at the programming for Kilmore on Thursday - look at where they place the trots

If there is no chance of breaking into the French market again, I am not sure what we are doing
    Brendan had a good point in post 53 - that they harm pacing too for the average punter does not understand the different gaits and once bitten by a 'galloper' can reject our code altogether
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread