Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Country Cups 2021

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    TAB odds are not surprising given what I alluded to as the post-race "headlines". Copy That generates plenty of headlines, Amazing Dream just worries about when she is going to get her dinner. Perhaps it is best summarised by quotes attributed to Copy That's owner in Adam Hamilton's article yesterday:

"It will be good to meet Amazing Dream again. Yes, she beat us twice in Queensland, but she had much better runs both times. There's nothing between us, but she's got a better draw again".

"Amazing Dream has been through some hard racing though and I wonder how many times she can bounce back".

The mare would read those words, eat the paper then polish off her breakfast. Champions do that. She is an eat, race, win, sleep type of girl who doesn't look for excuses.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Supreme Dominator breaks the Amazing Dream / Copy That voodoo in the Cranbourne Cup running down the mare to win by a head. Chris Svanosio might have been drinking the kool aid because he drove the favourite Copy That like it was Pure Steel. It isn't. It will be interesting to see how he pulls up.

The little mare started third favourite, amazing in itself. Circumstances meant she led, which is not where I'd prefer her to be. Plenty of talk about how much work Copy That did in running, none about Amazing Dream and how much work she did in the first 600 metres.

I've followed Supreme Dominator's career closely as he is a full brother to the great filly Spanish Armada. Both she and Amazing Dream were purchased from the NZ yearling sales and raced by Jean Feiss. She sold both of them as broodmare prospects and to fund future sales pillages. True Fantasy is seeking to inherit their crowns.

Unlike his sister Supreme Dominator has been a slow developer. Now actually a 6 year-old he has blossomed recently as a quality sit-sprinter wher his sister had fabulous strength and stamina from an early age. A super filly! Congratulations to Supreme Dominator's connections for stumping up the big bucks for the horse and sticking fat with him while he developed into the horse he now is.

Courageous is an appropriate word to describe Amazing Dream. It applies especially to her American owners who must now be pinching themselves with the way their huge purchase last March has turned out. I don't believe the price has been disclosed but the mighty little mare has now banked $508,000 since the deal was done, their layout might now be covered. And, she is still to set foot on US soil let alone put her details out there on the equine version of e-harmony. Everyone has been a winner from the little mare.

+ Reply to Thread