Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Well Done Luke

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Well Done Luke

How would you like to be calling Kilmore in these conditions tonight
    Luke did not miss a beat

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#KIC02122109
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I drove through similar fog heading over a mountain range after driving rain last Thursday. Treacherous. I am glad I am not a racecaller.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Thanks Kev!!

I'm his dad so my opinion doesn't mean much I guess. But what a remarkable job he did last night.

And... he's got 3 people talking in his ear constantly. Sky, RSN and Trots Vision.. while he calling races. Other night Sky switch while he calling a local race for an Inter heat. Fair enough. But then got another race in his ears while he trying do local one. Try singing a Pavarotti number while the Bangles playing in your ears! He was 100% perfect!

And yet trolls (flogs) bag him on social media? Got bagged coz he mispronounced 1 name!!! Seriously? But no credit from same when he gets them right.... which be most of the time.What small lives they must live. Indeed they do.

He do Mildura Wednesday, Kilmore last night and Geelong tonight. DRIVE to all of them. Done that at night? Once in a week let alone 3 times in 3 days? Kangaroos waiting to jump in front of you. And not stop there... does his form for next job when gets home.

It be excruciating painful for his parents hoping he gets home OK each trip. But he loves what he is doing so all good.

He will always continue to learn.... he's his own worst critic. Good thing as he tries to perfect his art. This way outweighs the pickles that bag him.

He's a passionate 'kid' having a go.... and we're so super proud of him!
    Last edited by Toohard; 12-03-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    And so you should be!

People totally forget about the incredible driving hours involved and some who don't live in the country may not realize what a danger wildlife such as kangaroos are at night.
    I attend race meetings but especially in winter when it gets dark earlier, I won't stay for later races as driving home time on some routes just about has to be doubled (half speed) to do it safely.
    I will never forget a time when we were coming home from Hamilton at dusk and just in the few kms going over Mirranatawa Gap, counted over half a dozen wallabies grazing at various points on the road verge - we had to crawl along as each time anyone of them can jump out in front of you at the last second. They are solitary animals so I am talking about braking umpteen times, not just for one mob. 7/10 times wallabies stay still BUT 3/10. Except for Halls Gap kangaroos that are semi domesticated, kangaroos will jump out in front of you 7/10

Some people don't realize that nearly 100% of callers are true professionals and do hours of form, not just colours - you will see that it is nearly always the caller that has written the form analysis page.

I have a close family member who many regard as being in Australia's top half dozen callers and the crap he copped when he made a mispronunciation of a horse in a big race drove him off social media. A mistake on a day when, if it wasn't such a major, he would have taken one of his very few days off in career that spanned decades.
    I cannot remember Luke having a day off yet.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Last night I watched the replay of Don Lou's big win at Ballarat and Luke's careful deliberation of the winning margin caught my attention - it almost seemed funny that he came up with a number like 44m

So what was the official winning margin?
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread