+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where's Lumineer?

Junior Member Weanling Beecow will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brian Cowley
    Occupation
    Writing.

Where's Lumineer?

Does anyone know what has happened to the outstanding Lumineer which has been off the track for nearly two years? Any update on his progress would be welcomed or has he been retired from racing? If that is the case, I'm sure there would be stud demand for him. I have a mare in mind already - trouble is, she resides in NZ.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good question Brian, I will try and find out
    As you would know his only failure was in the Victoria Derby (14 wins and 1 second from his other 15 starts). Something must have gone amiss that night as he did not race for 20mths after that
    Even if he comes back now he will still only be 7yo
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Trainer Ange McDowall has already replied. (Thanks Ange)
    Brian, Lumineer did his suspensory again and they will give him another go in about 6mths time
    They thought about sending him to stud but the advice was that opportunities for sons of Sportswriter would be limited
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling Beecow will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brian Cowley
    Occupation
    Writing.
    Thanks for your prompt responses, Kevin and Ange. Let's hope we'll see him back on the track again. He's a special racehorse. The Sportswriter cross over Rocknroll Hanover broodmares has produced some good performers in the U.S. and Lumineer represents it superbly. His American-bred dam Birds Can Sing is a half-sister to the $1.2m American winner Palone Ranger and his breeding suggests he is deserving of a chance at stud. I realise the stallion competition is red-hot but you'd think there would be interest in a horse that has won 14 of 16 races. Genes like that need to be passed on.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    ClassicFamilies only shows horses that have won Classic races but of the Sportswriter-Rocknroll Hanover's listed - Lumineer's $258k is the biggest prize winner
    I was surprised to see that Sportswriter has only ever produced one millionaire
    It would have been worthwhile him covering a few homebreds this year as you would think that that is going to happen eventually

https://classicfamilies.azurewebsite...DamSire&AD=ASC
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread