Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vicbred Super Series 2021

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The big day (night) is here. I am happy with the virtual division of the trots and pacing races as near on 7 hours is too much for most people and many followers divide into 'trots' or 'pacers'
    I will probably watch R1 (hoping Rick's girl can finish first 5) then races 5 - 9, and watch replays of the 'trots' later
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is likely to be 38° plus for R1 and the early part of the program (poor horses), being December 31 this is not going to be a rare occurrence - just another reason to split this program so that it can have a normal 7.30 start
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maajida the magnificent - 2yo, 3yo, 4yo winner. It appeared a super drive from Greg Sugars but I wouldn't be surprised if it attracts the stewards attention as it seemed like he nearly took Its Ebonynivory legs out early
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Is Chris Alford going to be in trouble for when he came off the fence on Amore Vita and seemed to check Fiamma who was put out of biz
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A night for gutsy wins
    Ladies In Red, Bondi Lockdown, Honolua Bay
    Gutsy, Gutsy, Gutsy
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP writes up Chris Alford's win on Amore Vita as the drive of the year. It is funny because I was thinking that in North America he would have had the race taken off him. He is not the only one, I am thinking Bondi Lockdown may have lost his race for the stewards adjudged him as causing interference too. Maybe Maajida if Sugars did cause any interference (nothing in Stewards Column mind you). Plymouth Chubb could have lost for Kerryn's whip use and I have yet to spot what James Herbertson did other than the whip but maybe in the USA he too could have lost his win as he has been suspended for something
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am really taken by Ebonys Anvenger's win. She could not go a yard early and despite drawing 1 she ended up behind the favourite Just A Bit Touchy who had to go right back from 7
    I was amazed at how after finding another gear down the back, she was held up (lost some momentum) and yet could go again and dive through that split to win

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#MXM31122112

Although she is 'trotting' bred and mum trotted, her dam is a half sis to Hollys Miss Molly
    I can't do a full search as HRA's search engine is down but looking at ClassicFamilies (you can always rely on CF) I only find 7 trotters credited to damsire Life Sign (all Australian)
    The 4th dam Smooth Gale has some sensational pacing descendants

https://classicfamilies.azurewebsite...rseID=10018387

Open those little + boxes to see

So like other Vicbred Trotting winner Queen Of Crime, Ebonys Avenger has plenty of pacing speed in her bloodlines
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-01-2022 at 03:37 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Watching the replays, it is surprising how often leaders go well inside the pegs - I reckon we might need some serious penalties as some drivers are making a mockery of fences being removed for their safety
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    3 wins to Somebeachsomewhere and 1 to dad Mach Three with the other 2 pacing finals going to Art Majors
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As you have probably seen, Aaron Dunn doesn't only train and drive Bondi Lockdown, he owns him outright
    Already a tenfold return on his $20k purchase price
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread