Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: APG 2022 Sales

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The surprises amongst the big lots IMO were
    Emma Stewart spending $95k on Lot 236, first season sire Vincent x Decapria colt. Decapria had some nice performances as a 2yo but I had to laugh at how the catalogue can manipulate things eg 3rd in heat Breeders Crown - there were only 3 in the heat
    and Lot 261 going for $100k - Rocknroll Hanover x Madison Louise filly. She is a stunner and it is hot on the heels of King Of Swing's win
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    BIG COMPLAINT about APG Melbourne Sale stream - there is no on screen info ie Lot No in ring (and the glare off the horse's sticker makes it impossible to read) and no $ current Bid info ie no Semaphore at all
    You cant take a break from the audio (auctioneer barrage) as there is no other way of knowing what is going on
    What a disappointment..no visible lot number or current bid.

I'm not sure whether the Inglis facility for yesterday's sale has an electronic board above the auctioneer showing the lot number, and current bid price..like the one at the Magic Millions sale on the Gold Coast, but I gave up watching. If there is a screen above the auctioneers, then the camera needed to be adjusted.

Then I tried to keep track of the sold lot prices on the Sale Results but the update stopped after about 20 lots.

Do you think the auctioneers knew much about the lots they were selling? They seemed to be focusing on the sires, dam-sires etc, in preference to the families, and significant family members.

None of these seem too difficult correct. I hope Sydney is an improvement.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Oaklands Junction certainly had an electronic board above the auctioneer decades ago when I attended Noel.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    What a disappointment..no visible lot number or current bid.

I'm not sure whether the Inglis facility for yesterday's sale has an electronic board above the auctioneer showing the lot number, and current bid price..like the one at the Magic Millions sale on the Gold Coast, but I gave up watching. If there is a screen above the auctioneers, then the camera needed to be adjusted.

Then I tried to keep track of the sold lot prices on the Sale Results but the update stopped after about 20 lots.

Do you think the auctioneers knew much about the lots they were selling? They seemed to be focusing on the sires, dam-sires etc, in preference to the families, and significant family members.

None of these seem too difficult correct. I hope Sydney is an improvement.
    The Facebook live feed was the spot you should have watched. Live bids were updated here along with the prices of the previous 3 lots. Excellent coverage.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Bloody hell, thanks Grant, they gave 3 otpions for streaming, I was on computer so I started with their webpage, no semaphore so I thought I would try YouTube and it was just the same, so I just assumed all the same. FFS how is one supposed to know that facebook was the go
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sold post sale
    Lot 147 Art Major x Soho Bordeaux was originally passed in at $70k, had a reserve of $85k and has now gone to David Moran for $80k
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The surprises amongst the big lots IMO were
    Emma Stewart spending $95k on Lot 236, first season sire Vincent x Decapria colt. Decapria had some nice performances as a 2yo but I had to laugh at how the catalogue can manipulate things eg 3rd in heat Breeders Crown - there were only 3 in the heat
    and Lot 261 going for $100k - Rocknroll Hanover x Madison Louise filly. She is a stunner and it is hot on the heels of King Of Swing's win
    PP is mischieviously suggesting that Lot 236 went so high because one of Emma's partners in the buy, is the son of the breeder
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    It is time they amend or remove black type based on mile rate. 1 win 1.59.7 horses listed as black type is offensive

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Perth on Sunday with some relevant bloodlines going around tomorrow night (a kind of form guide)

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=51703
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You have to say that the APG catalogue is pretty honest
    This is particularly true of the Sire's (leading) Progeny table under his pic
    There is no hiding if there is only a couple listed that are more recent than 2014
    Some people still buy them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread