Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: APG 2022 Sales

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

APG 2022 Sales

https://www.apgold.com.au/sales/2022-sales/

You can view the catalogues online but I must say it is pretty embarrassing to see that they have simply scanned the book catalogue and even my $100 scanner would do a better job (shadows etc)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I couldn't find anything to really excite me about the Queensland Sale
    but I took a quick look at the Melbourne Sale and I noticed a couple of big Captaintreacherous Lots
    Lot 180 a ¾ sister to Maajida
    Lot 201 a ½ bro to Villagem (also a ¾ brother to Nostra Beach)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Some other lots of interest in the Melbourne sale:
    Lot 147 a ½ sis to Soho Burning Love
    Lot 170 a ½ bro to Bondi Lockdown
    Lot 177 first foal of A Victor (2nd dam Vertigal)
    Lot 185 a full bro to Be Happy Mach plus ½ to others
    Lot 196 interesting first foal as the 2nd dam is a ¾ sister to Art Major (but the Bettors Delight/Somebeachsomewhere cross has been underwhelming)
    Next installment later
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Lot 199 a ½ sis to Border Control
    Lot 207 a full bro to Miss Sangrial and Sangue Reale
    Lot 208 a first foal (Captaintreacherous) from a ½ sis to Captain Joy (and all the other Joys)
    Lot 213 a 2nd foal (Captaintreacherous) from daughter of Elect To Live
    Lot 215 a ½ sis to Menin Gate (do his wins still hold credence?)
    Lot 220 a Somebeachsomewhere from a winner and producer who is a ½ sis to Sokyola
    Lot 223 3rd foal of Heavens Trend, a full bro to the 2yo who has won
    Lot 241 a ½ bro to Petacular and Idyllic
    Next installment later
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Lot 245 a full bro to Major Kiss who only raced 13 times for 6 wins including a Gp1 Gold Tiara
    Lot 249 a ½ bro to Its Beaujolais from an outstanding race mare
    Lot 253 first foal of a multi winning daughter of Intrude
    Lot 272 a ¾ bro to Askmeilltellya
    Lot 282 first foal of a multi winning ½ sis to Safari

All I have to do now is check for some, whether the cross is a proven winner or loser
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rightio

147 - not convinced about Art Major - Western Terror. I don't know how many times it has been tried but the cross has only produced 4 of Art's 790 Classic offspring
    170 - Sweet Lou - Art Major only has Spirit Of St Louis to show for the cross at this stage.
    177 - Always B Miki - Somebeachsomewhere might be OK as Miki only has 28 classic offspring and 4 of them are Beaches
    180 - GOOD, the sire line has worked with the dam, the Captain is the go nowadays but one reservation - if you were to take Maajida out of the equation, would I be so keen (call it my liking more than one apple in my basket)
    185 - have a full bro for proof
    196 - a gamble as already stated
    199 - this is an old mare so you won't be seeing too many Miki/Artsplace crosses. Miki's stars have been with Bettors
    201 - none of the Captain's 119 classic progeny are out of a Fake Left mare but this mare produced Nostra Beach by the Captain's dad. Nevertheless I will recant my suggestion that this lot is an absolute standout on breeding but this is pretty great mare so why wouldn't the Captain click
    207 - we have the 2 full sibllings and there have been plenty of nice horses with this Art/Christian cross but Our Golden Goddess $442k has been the highest stakes winner so you wouldn't want to overpay.
    208 - not much to go on but this dam line with this sire line has produced a millionaire
    213 - Captain is the boom sire and although Bettors has not been his best cross, it has produced one millionaire
    215 - Art/Safely Kept has been a very good cross and the last time this mare produced a full bro to this one, it looked the goods before going amiss after only 5 starts. A great family
    220 - full sis Soho Berlin was OK, the highest stake winner for Somebeach/Live or Die cross will soon be Boots Electric once he passes $202k
    223 - with so many Bettors classic progeny you would think there would be something to recommend this cross with RRHeaven but there isn't
    241 - Bettors/Western Ideal is a golden cross with a couple of NA millionaires, it would be worth inquiring how the mares previous 2019 foal (now 2yo) is going as it is also by Bettors as the 2009 Bettors didn't do much
    245 - maybe for someone who was a fan of Major Kiss
    249 - his full bro Brutally Handsome (now a 3yo) looks to have a future but last year's cross with Bettors was the text book one
    253 - 4 of Miki's 28 classic progeny have been Art Major's but once again I have to say I would be wanting my Miki to be a Bettors
    272 - we think Downbytheseaside is going to be the goods and her best in NA is this Bettors cross and the ¾ sis was good at 2. The dam also produced the dam of Act Now
    282 - the dam line has worked with Bettors (Astronaut) and Bettors has produced some good ones with Mach Three although Classie Brigade with $587k has double anything else

As you can see I was only interested in a select few sires
    All opinions are those of a true amateur
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-18-2022 at 05:18 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With prime importance to Sire, dam, dam line/family, cross history, breeder, even foaling date - I think if I get rich between now and Feb 6, my pick would be 272
    This is despite wanting a Captaintreacherous and the safety of a well bred filly (as a back up plan)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am changing my mind, what was I thinking - Lot 180 is my well bred Captaintreacherous filly that I liked from my first browse/post
    (I wouldn't mind the filly and the colt )

ps and Lot 201 (as the mare clicks with everybody, so why not the Captain) and 185 if I had the bucks
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-18-2022 at 05:15 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Gold Coast sale 3pm AEDST
    I think Lot 16 will be the top priced filly as for the colts ????

Streamed here

https://www.apgold.com.au/live-streaming/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Lot 16 Passed In at $70k - more are being passed in than sold. Vendors are being unrealistic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread