Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Country Cups for 2022

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A very good field for the Horsham Cup tomorrow. They would probably have liked one superstar to get their $60k worth but let's face it, they're all up at Menangle

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...22#HSC27022201
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    A very good field for the Horsham Cup tomorrow. They would probably have liked one superstar to get their $60k worth but let's face it, they're all up at Menangle

Perfect Stride is no slouch
    50-14-10-7 for $319,030.

Agree Kevin that it is a good field.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    3 starters in the Cup for the Stewart stable and they fill all the placings

per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hes Under Wraps won the Boort Cup today by a SHFHD but he went inside at least one peg on the home turn the first time and the last time (and the top bend could make interesting viewing) - just sayin
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    No published stewards report from Boort as yet but watching the replay shows how stiff the second horse was to lose. He covered heaps of ground out wide on the tight final bend and, unknown to driver Kerryn Manning, the winner took a shortcut around the bend.

Drivers, in these instances, cannot be expected to lodge a protest. It is a responsibility of the stewards. More accurately, this was the responsibility of the steward in the tower on the home turn. I'll give that person the benefit of the doubt unless there is a means to communicate the offence before the all clear is given. There lies the problem.

I note the winning driver Jordan Leedham was suspended. Until the published stewards report is posted we just don't know. If it was for allowing his horse to race inside the marker pegs then there is cause for concern. The stewards could be accused of being slack in suspending the driver but rewarding the horse a win. I noticed it ran inside a peg on the home turn before it ran inside the peg at the opening of the sprint lane. Therefore, it illegally covered less ground than the the other placegetters.

Had the stewards protested they would then have to assess whether the offending horse had gained a big enough advantage to affect the winning margin. Given the margin was about a cigarette paper and a bee's appendage the protest would surely be upheld.

I also noted other horses contacting the pegs in the last lap, the sixth horse knocking the sprint lane marker out of the ground. Not a good look.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I relented and went to Horsham for the first 5 races and the club was doing a very good job.
    I had my usual Conways salad roll for lunch but there was also a Lions Club BBQ (it may have been free even, I am not sure)
    There was a very well attended Team Teal luncheon for the ladies in the new bistro
    Paul Campbell was doing a great job as MC to keep people entertained between races. Unfortunately being a deaf coot I could hear him but could not decipher what they were actually saying but my wife said it was good

Only missed one race driving home and I just saw Have Horse Will Travel win the Trotters Cup in Tk Record time with Kate feeling a bit embarrassed about stealing it from The Penny Drops

As I have said in the Whip thread the real embarrassment was Jack Laugher winning the Drivers Championship as he is technically suspended after not even being able to control his horse flogging at the trials

ps I know the club hooked at least one fisherman from the town's weekend fishing comp
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Charlton have attracted good fields for both their Pacers and Trotters Cups on Sunday with the Stewart stable having 3 in the pacers

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...22#CHC20032201
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Charlton Trotters Cup

Others would know better than me but pretty sure horses can't breathe through their mouth. So what's The Penny Drops up to? Having a quiet chat to the other horse? Muhammad Ali style?

What a fantastic race again between those 2 horses. 2 weeks in a row! 2 stars giving their all. Not being belted, just both competing & trying their arses off to win.

Great race!!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A fantastic duel with plenty happening early too. Great video quality on replay
    Not a lot of moves in the pacing cup but it was amazing to see 3 stablemates across the track with 400m to go

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=CH200322
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Three horses held the Charlton 2570m SS record for trotters from 2009, 2013 and 2021 - all having rated 2.03.3
    The Penny Drops cleans up the Record book as he now holds it on his own at 2.01.6
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread