Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nutrien Yearling Sales 2022

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    83 of 98 lots sold on the day with the average being close to $39k
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Looking at the Melbourne Sale now. I am convinced that it is a big mistake mixing the trotters with the pacers
    This sale has 144 horses catalogued. 72 pacers and 72 trotters. If you split them, those interested in only one gait would only have to spend half as long at the sale
    I agree 100% Kevin. I don’t mind a few trotters through the sale as per Nutrien Sydney or Auckland NZ. In Christchurch they have larger numbers of Trotters and have a Parade and Trotting Sale on Day 1 and Pacers parade and sale on Days 2 and 3 . This works really well. Because of my breeding involvement I will spend some time at the Melb Sale but will not sit through the full day as I am only interested in the pacers. As you say, it should be split into separate sales to cater for those who wish to purchase either gait when the numbers are larger.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If it was the Gold Coast, I am sure they would have tables and catering, instead of an auditorium, so that you could form a group to make a day of it - because it is a whole day that they are asking many to commit to
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Reviewing the Sydney Sale, I must say I completely missed the Three Eagles Lot 21 which went for $90k. You can understand the price/gamble as she has been a super broodmare and the 3rd dam is Nells Pride. The gamble is whether she can produce a biggie from other than Mach Three. The Mach Three x Falcon Seelster has produce 9 winners of in excess of $300k while the Art Major x Falcon Seelster has only 1 over $300k (But it was Double Millionaire Art Official)

You can understand why Lot 29A was bought by Purdon Racing for $70k as he is a ¾ bro to Flamming Flutter and from an excellent damline

41 was another top filly lot that I rated but should have rated higher as the Bettors x Falcon Seelster cross has been a very good one and you can see why this filly would go for $80k

Lot 63 went for $75k as it is the Golden Cross of Bettors x Christian but he mares first two from this cross failed to earn $100k

I expected Anne's Lot 92 to go for even more than $68k, maybe in this juvenile centric industry, Dec 17 weighed a little?

and I thought Lot 104 would go for more than $27.5k
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I found Nutrien very helpful when I phoned
    I was a little frustrated that unlike this years results lists, to decipher their 2021 Sales results you needed a catalogue.
    I think this will be fixed in the immediate future but within minutes Darby had sent me a spreadsheet with the additional Mare column (plus Sire, .....) that I sought as I did not have a copy of the 2021 catalogue
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Melbourne on Sunday
    112 - 114 three Sweet Lou's will all have their fans, the colt is from Amazing Dream's family while 114 is a half to last year's sale topping filling Lochinvar Xena (2nd in a heat of the Tiara last week)

120 dam 3 times Australian Broodmare Of The Year say no more

126 as sensational as 120 is, I think 126 might top it, a ½ to Expensive Ego. Although EE is 3x3 Artsplace this means he is 4x4 Abercrombie which Bettors provides too. His full bro Roll With Joe has already sired Arts Treasure from the mare. I think Bettors and the even stronger family of N61 compared to N185 will prevail . 120 being a September foal does give him a small headstart

128A With the dam being a half sister to Katy Perry and Cash N Flow, there will be plenty of interest
    138 One of the last chances to get this desirable cross will prove popular

140 A Captaintreacherous out of a half sis to Lazarus = big bucks

144A could prove to be a nice Vincent
    156 Maybe Lazarus can revive this once great family which seems to have lost Code Bailey (returning? or a potential sire?)
    164 Will have his fans
    179 IMO if you are wanting to buy this one it should be because you want an Always B Miki. The dam is a half to Smolda but take him out and you won't find much to excite you about family A59 this century
    200 An Art Major colt who is a half to Act Now could go very high but you would want to satisfy yourself that the cross is right. You can see why her next two are out of Captaintreacherous

204 is going to be huge not that there is much to go on for this cross (Pedigree Partner doesn't give it a big score)

210 for those who have not given up on Betting Line we have a ½ sis to Encipher

211 and this Bettors could top them all, a champion mare and family and the 2yo big bro Beckham looks like he is the goods

214 another knockout, proven full siblings and half to Rogue Wave from a great family

215 from the same immediate family as 214, he could certainly attract the underbidders

216 Another Bettors, another strong family and first foal of very well performed mare

219 Art Major's turn again, with proven full bro's from a top family

223 the same lines as 179 but this time - if you want a Vincent

225 I can't believe the quality of this small pacing sale - a ¾ to Ride High

225A and yet again, an American Ideal ½ sis to Irish Black Label

236 A Bettors from a full sis to Pacifico Dream

249 will go big and the mare has produced a double millionaire but as I have already stated I think she will go too big for a somewhat one horse family

251 Could be a nice pick up at the right price

This post has turned out to be humungous, with so many knockout lots I wonder whether they mixed the trotters with the pacers to give the auditorium time to take a breath!

https://portal.nutrienequine.com.au/...ues/48?to=lots
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-30-2022 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Forgot link
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Watching the pre sale parade on Trots Vision - sadly the lighting is not good enough (indoors)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yeah, nah - I'll give it a miss and look at the pics and videos that accompany the catalogue
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I came back to find out that somebody worked out that they had to get in closer - much better
    Still stopping to have them pose in front of a basically black poster does nothing to show them off
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread