Thread: Nutrien Yearling Sales 2022

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Nutrien will be holding a Queensland Yearling Sale in 2023 in conjunction with Albion Park Harness Racing Club.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Melbourne on Sunday
    112 - 114 three Sweet Lou's will all have their fans, the colt is from Amazing Dream's family while 114 is a half to last year's sale topping filling Lochinvar Xena (2nd in a heat of the Tiara last week) PI 25, 15, 40

120 dam 3 times Australian Broodmare Of The Year say no more 65

126 as sensational as 120 is, I think 126 might top it, a ½ to Expensive Ego. Although EE is 3x3 Artsplace this means he is 4x4 Abercrombie which Bettors provides too. His full bro Roll With Joe has already sired Arts Treasure from the mare. I think Bettors and the even stronger family of N61 compared to N185 will prevail . 120 being a September foal does give him a small headstart 100

128A With the dam being a half sister to Katy Perry and Cash N Flow, there will be plenty of interest 50
    138 One of the last chances to get this desirable cross will prove popular 160 LOL I really liked this lot thinking she might go in the mid range but I don't think Danny will need me to buy a little share

140 A Captaintreacherous out of a half sis to Lazarus = big bucks 55

144A could prove to be a nice Vincent 44
    156 Maybe Lazarus can revive this once great family which seems to have lost Code Bailey (returning? or a potential sire?) 40
    164 Will have his fans 30
    179 IMO if you are wanting to buy this one it should be because you want an Always B Miki. The dam is a half to Smolda but take him out and you won't find much to excite you about family A59 this century 25
    200 An Art Major colt who is a half to Act Now could go very high but you would want to satisfy yourself that the cross is right. You can see why her next two are out of Captaintreacherous PI 25

204 is going to be huge not that there is much to go on for this cross (Pedigree Partner doesn't give it a big score) 150

210 for those who have not given up on Betting Line we have a ½ sis to Encipher 35

211 and this Bettors could top them all, a champion mare and family and the 2yo big bro Beckham looks like he is the goods 95

214 another knockout, proven full siblings and half to Rogue Wave from a great family 141

215 from the same immediate family as 214, he could certainly attract the underbidders 72½

216 Another Bettors, another strong family and first foal of very well performed mare PI 45

219 Art Major's turn again, with proven full bro's from a top family 30

223 the same lines as 179 but this time - if you want a Vincent 32½

225 I can't believe the quality of this small pacing sale - a ¾ to Ride High 55

225A and yet again, an American Ideal ½ sis to Irish Black Label 45

236 A Bettors from a full sis to Pacifico Dream 80

249 will go big and the mare has produced a double millionaire but as I have already stated I think she will go too big for a somewhat one horse family 50

251 Could be a nice pick up at the right price PI 7½

This post has turned out to be humungous, with so many knockout lots I wonder whether they mixed the trotters with the pacers to give the auditorium time to take a breath!

https://portal.nutrienequine.com.au/...ues/48?to=lots

It was a quality sale but some of our buyers must have plenty of disposable income as some lots have definitely gone overs. You can't pay $100k based on siblings that have won $200k.
    I didn't really pay much attention to the trotters (watching the whole auction will do your head in) but there were some high prices fetched when you consider how it is even harder to make big bucks with a trotter. There was serious money paid for the progeny of unproven sires

A WA buyer paid $100k for Always B Miki's lot 222 which seemed overs. Apart from WA (lot 236 too) I think the money/buyers started to run out after 215 (which was the consolation prize for 214)
    $25K isn't much but I am not sure how Tayla French got that for lot 201 - the hammer must not have dropped as listed as passed in, maybe it was a vendors bid or else you take it Wants $35K! The only Fear The Dragon sold at the sale went for $5k
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-06-2022 at 07:09 PM. Reason: last sentence
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The full results

https://portal.nutrienequine.com.au/...ues/48/results

I think we had about the same number of trotters as pacers in the sale
    More trotters passed in, some stallions were of no interest to the buyers but I also wonder whether the trotting fraternity haven't got a little ahead of itself
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-04-2022 at 01:14 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread