Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: All things APG including the Captain Ravishing sale

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    When I checked the on-line catalogue for this sale last week I noticed two glaring omissions - lack of names for supposedly named horses and no vendors listed for individual lots. Sure, you could do your own searches to try and figure out who was who in the zoo but cataloguing is a prime responsibility of the sales company. It would appear the company has failed its vendors initially. I haven't checked to see if this has been rectified but the company should be embarrassed by this. I noted that lot 82 featured a photo of Sirletic but the catalog did not give the name of the horse being put up for sale. The pedigree gave the sire and dam, a search on the HRA website showed the dam had only one progeny by RockN Roll Hanover - Sirletic.

Applying the Cheech and Chong methodology one could assume the horse being sold was indeed Sirletic. Given the oversights in the catalogue I mentioned though, you would want to establish this as fact before you bothered to register a bid.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I did not see the catalogue until bidding had opened by which time they had his name up

He has only got up to $1,750 but still the best part of 3 days to go

He has not had a lot of starts for an 8yo but that is due to some lengthy layoffs - injuries

Dollar signs are bugger to type with one hand
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We still have 2 days of the mixed sale to go but I am still thinking 200+ lots is too big for an online sale

At this point there are 46 lots still without a bid
    40 with bids of $1,000 or less that have not been accepted (still under Reserve)

24 have passed reserve (or had no reserve) and will be sold - mind you about half of these have 'leading' bids of $1,000 or less

Warning: do not operate machinery, make financial decisions or maybe post too much within 24hrs of having an anaesthetic - look at all the 'stills' in this post lol
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-30-2022 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Warning
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There are a couple of lots with 'Photo Coming Soon' - I think they are leaving it a bit late
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    There are a couple of lots with 'Photo Coming Soon' - I think they are leaving it a bit late
    Shoddy.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Shoddy.
    One of them, Lot 170, says it is consigned by APG and prepared by the man Dean Baring himself (see top and b0ttom of pedigree page)

https://www.ardex.com.au/apgonlineau...lot/78.170.htm
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    One of them, Lot 170, says it is consigned by APG and prepared by the man Dean Baring himself (see top and b0ttom of pedigree page)

https://www.ardex.com.au/apgonlineau...lot/78.170.htm
    Even shoddier.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The first lot, Lot 1, the one creating the most interest so far, a weanling filly - Bettors x Localize, $45k after 20 bids but not yet at Reserve is due to finish at 5pm tomorrow (although last minute bidding can see 5mins added on and on)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The first lot, Lot 1, the one creating the most interest so far, a weanling filly - Bettors x Localize, $45k after 20 bids but not yet at Reserve is due to finish at 5pm tomorrow (although last minute bidding can see 5mins added on and on)
    I assume its breeder M. Wardle is the vendor, true to form the catalogue doesn't say. A truly outstanding filly on breeding and a top broodmare prospect. Her Art Major half-sister Golden Goddess was outstanding and her record would have been even better but for the misfortune of having Dream About Me and Piccadilly Princess as stablemates of her age. This filly is bred on the vaunted Bettors / CC Cross.

A long range tip from me - she has a 3/4 brother, a maiden, who will end the season as one of Australasia's best 2 year olds.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With 5 hrs to go 41 are definitely sold
    Lot 1 is up to $50k and passed reserve
    Sirletic is up to $16,000
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread